P1000 What would you do now/different?

D

DSCKY

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello from KY. First real post. I hope to pick up a 2018, Deluxe Saturday (if they have enough recall parts). The machine will mostly be used around the property and maybe an occasional trail ride. Here is what I have planned.

Honda roof
Factory UTV 1/2" skid--- is the ultimate kit worth the extra cost?
Super ATV flip windshield
Slasher vs Tough Country bumper just don't know if I can fork out the extra cash for the TC
Superwinch terra 45 synthetic rope vs Axon 5500 also don't know if I want the extra cash in the axon
Extension tube kit (forum member)
Do not want to snorkel, but should I still do the radiator hose that I have seen many do no here?

My focus to you all and my big what would you do different involves powering accessories. I have looked at a ton of the build threads, but if you were starting from scratch on the electrical how would you build it...

Awesome forum by the way,

DC

J

JTW

Hello from KY. First real post. I hope to pick up a 2018, Deluxe Saturday (if they have enough recall parts). The machine will mostly be used around the property and maybe an occasional trail ride. Here is what I have planned.

Honda roof
Factory UTV 1/2" skid--- is the ultimate kit worth the extra cost?
Super ATV flip windshield
Slasher vs Tough Country bumper just don't know if I can fork out the extra cash for the TC
Superwinch terra 45 synthetic rope vs Axon 5500 also don't know if I want the extra cash in the axon
Do not want to snorkel, but should I still do the radiator hose that I have seen many do no here?

My focus to you all and my big what would you do different involves powering accessories. I have looked at a ton of the build threads, but if you were starting from scratch on the electrical how would you build it...

DC
What part of Ky?

J

JTW

Honda roof good call... or make one
Factory UTV 1/2" skid--- is the ultimate kit worth the extra cost? 1/2” skid is fine the guards you’ll end up taking off
Super ATV flip windshield good choice
Slasher vs Tough Country bumper just don't know if I can fork out the extra cash for the TC I started with the Honda brush guard.. and put the TC on recently. A top mount is where it’s at! As for which one.. do what makes you happy.
Super winch terra 45 and just add the synthetic and aluminum fairlead after (saves a little money)
Do not want to snorkel, but should I still do the radiator hose that I have seen many do no here? It’s not a bad idea.. but yours should be fine if it’s a new unit. You should makes sure to extend the vent lines regardless!

My focus to you all and my big what would you do different involves powering accessories. I have looked at a ton of the build threads, but if you were starting from scratch on the electrical how would you build it... I’m revising mine a bit currently... I have dual batteries and suggest it.. changing my lights and setup a bit to reduce draw. But I’ve been happy

DC

Response in red
B684761B 9B0E 4447 BCCB 9DE4357FC6A7

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JTW gave you some solid advice on your questions I agree with all he said. As far as things I would have done differently
1. Not buy the amazon cheap lights - would have gone Rough Country from the start and saves a little coin. Rough Country lights are worth their cost in the light they put off
2. Try and run all my wires at one time for any current future or planned accessories.
3. Never installed bracket lift (ran for a year and now off)

All I can think of at this moment -

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely echo @JTW and @Ragnar406, quality lights first time around.

I would do the switch pro panel this go around makes wiring EASY with the circuit protection and control all in one unit.

I ran 5 extra wires all the way to the back at roof level and under the seat, since I rewired my 700 3times. I have used them all...While you’ve got all the plastic off before you ever get it muddy go ahead and run the wire and snorkel the vent lines.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!