Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've seen quite a few posts on here about what members EDC (every day carry) preferences are. I wanted to start this thread a while back but thought it may not be appropriate for the forum. Then I see it come up again and don't want to hijack someone else's thread. Well, I like to think I am in like minded company here and would love to see the eye candy.
I've had my CCW/CPL for over 10 yrs. First pistol I bought to carry was a Keltec 380. Kicked like a little mule and jammed on me a few times. No uh uh.
Then got a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact...Shield wasn't out yet. Loved that gun, fired straight and true and never failed. Just too big for comfortable concealment, double stacked 13 rd mag.
Ended up with this one and love it. Kahr Arms CM9. Smallest 9mm available at the time. I like to carry in my front pocket. Well built, feels good and never fails. Added the Talen Grip and Crimson Trace laser.
Fire power...don't leave home without it!
Kahr CM9

C

Chooglin

My first carry was a Bersa Thunder with Talen grips , retired it for a Remington RM .380. The Remington is much lighter and more comfortable to carry (I.T.W.B 4 O-clock ).

Remington RM380 angle

Bought this a few months ago , considering this to be my new carry
20161223 153050 Sig p938sas

J

JTW

I've seen quite a few posts on here about what members EDC (every day carry) preferences are. I wanted to start this thread a while back but thought it may not be appropriate for the forum. Then I see it come up again and don't want to hijack someone else's thread. Well, I like to think I am in like minded company here and would love to see the eye candy.
I've had my CCW/CPL for over 10 yrs. First pistol I bought to carry was a Keltec 380. Kicked like a little mule and jammed on me a few times. No uh uh.
Then got a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact...Shield wasn't out yet. Loved that gun, fired straight and true and never failed. Just too big for comfortable concealment, double stacked 13 rd mag.
Ended up with this one and love it. Kahr Arms CM9. Smallest 9mm available at the time. I like to carry in my front pocket. Well built, feels good and never fails. Added the Talen Grip and Crimson Trace laser.
Fire power...don't leave home without it!
View attachment 37305
I'm a Kahr fan too.. I carry a p380 for everyday, everywhere in a wallet holster. It's my get me to the truck gun. If it's cold I'll sometimes carry a Springfield XDS 45 or Kahr pm9. But like I say.. I'm a prescriber of layers of defense. You can't carry enough for every situation but you can have a plan.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sig p238 in front pocket. Plus a Taurus pt92 (beretta 92 clone) is usually in my vehicle when I am. Too big to conceal comfortably on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, I didn't even know Remington made a handgun. Every time Sig comes up it pulls at my wallet. I've heard nothing but good things about those and know several guys that use them for their EDC. Must be trust worthy.
JT, you got the PM9? That one's a little pricier than mine, etching and rifled barrel, nice weapon. Pics?

Reactions: Remington
J

JTW

Wow, I didn't even know Remington made a handgun. Every time Sig comes up it pulls at my wallet. I've heard nothing but good things about those and know several guys that use them for their EDC. Must be trust worthy.
JT, you got the PM9? That one's a little pricier than mine, etching and rifled barrel, nice weapon. Pics?
Pm9, p380 and p45.. I bought the 9 off a buddy. The ONLY thing I have against the cw line is the lack of dove tail sights. The other stuff is just bells and whistles... but the cw series wasn't offered when I fist started with Kahr. I first bought the p45.. it's about the best feeling 45 I've held. And at the time was one of if not the smallest 45 on the market. I carried it for a while but I found myself occasionally leaving it in the truck and decided to go something smaller and easier to conceal. The p380 fit my needs when they first came out.

Reactions: trigger
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
My everyday carry is a Ruger LC9S/Pro 9MM. Light, flat and a great trigger. If I'm riding around the farm or hunting lease I may carry my Ruger Redhawk in 44mag. or a Sig P250.

Reactions: JTW
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I gave Glock a look when I was first in the market. Guy behind the counter asked if I had ever shot a Glock and why that was my choice. Told him due to their reputation, law enforcement and military uses them. Remembered when they came out that you could kick them through the dirt, drop them from a helicopter or submerge them in water and they would never fail to fire. He asked if I was the type that kept my guns clean, told him they get cleaned after every use. He said that I would want something with tighter tolerances then. Said a Glock has too much slop inside and that's why you could pack them with dirt and they still fire, a pistol with tighter guts would be more accurate. Figured he knew more about than me and didn't give them another look. I thought it felt a little boxey and top heavy when I held one, kinda like the Springfield felt too. I know handguns are a personal preference and to each his own. Not trying to piss you Glock guys off by any means, they were/are the standard that others strive to achieve. Just wanted to share that story as to why I'm not carrying one.
Four Leaf

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I gave Glock a look when I was first in the market. Guy behind the counter asked if I had ever shot a Glock and why that was my choice. Told him due to their reputation, law enforcement and military uses them. Remembered when they came out that you could kick them through the dirt, drop them from a helicopter or submerge them in water and they would never fail to fire. He asked if I was the type that kept my guns clean, told him they get cleaned after every use. He said that I would want something with tighter tolerances then. Said a Glock has too much slop inside and that's why you could pack them with dirt and they still fire, a pistol with tighter guts would be more accurate. Figured he knew more about than me and didn't give them another look. I thought it felt a little boxey and top heavy when I held one, kinda like the Springfield felt too. I know handguns are a personal preference and to each his own. Not trying to piss you Glock guys off by any means, they were/are the standard that others strive to achieve. Just wanted to share that story as to why I'm not carrying one.
View attachment 37365

I'm not into glocks. For some reason in the last couple years I decided that for my money, I will buy and carry guns made of metal. My friend has a kahr and I shot it the other day. Nice little gun for concealment but I can't stand DAO guns. SA for me. That's why I love the Sig p238. It's basically a miniature 1911. The only plastic gun that I'd consider is the sig p320. Its not a single action trigger but it's really nice. I didn't believe it until I pulled one. I love the old berettas. That's why I bought the Taurus. If you like the m9, check out the Taurus pt92. Such a sweet shooting gun. I'm not a huge Taurus fan but they did everything right with this gun. They actually bought the beretta factory in Brazil, so the guns are every bit as good or better than the beretta - for about $400.

Next one is either going to be a 1911 or a sig p226.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!