P500 Whatcha' Carryin'?

Jkentj

Jkentj

Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
I'm liking this thread as I too am always interested in what other peoples experiences in EDC are. I usually carry a Glock 42 .380 or a Ruger LCP .380 if I really need deep concealment. If I'm wearing a jacket I love to carry my S&W Shield 9mm. The Shield is a fine gun.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glocks are not everybody's cup of tea. I take no offense to someone not liking them. You gotta carry something you're comfortable with and can easily manipulate or you won't carry. I'm not a .380 fan at all but if that's what someone is comfortable carrying go for it. I just know when I have to pull my Glock from the holster it's gonna go bang...Everytime. reliability is king for me.not saying other brand are not reliable just to be clear there.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Usually have either a Glock 43, Glock 19 or Shield 9 strongside iwb with a Ruger LCP2 in a front pocket. During hunting season or when riding off-road I'll usually carry a Glock 20 with some nuclear loads from Underwood.

Had my carry permit for about 12 years, never leave the house without at least 1 gun on me, usually 2. Guns are probably the only hobby I enjoy more than riding. Always trading, buying or selling them.

Here's my most common companions
0303172214 zpsoeyj95zw

Last edited:
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Every day carry
44 Ruger Red Hawk for hunting

IMG 0830

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I usually carry my Colt Government Pocketlite 380. Looks like a minature 1911. One of the most reliable guns I have ever owned. I wear a lot of Cargo pocket shorts and pants, and carry it in one of the pockets. I also have a Ruger LCPII 380 that I use for pants with smaller pockets. Occasionally use a clip-on belt holster. Keep a Browning Hi-Power 9mm in the truck.

I know a lot of folks consider the 380 a weak round, but when the defense attorney for the bad guy asks me why I shot his client 6 times, I'll tell him that when I pulled the trigger the 7th time, it just went "click".:)
Colt 380

Last edited:
J

Jshell3

I can't say if I carry or not. That would ruin the surprise...

But I can say, of the pistols I've shot and owned. I've sold them all except the Glocks ... well, I sold 1 Glock to my dad, because I love him.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
EDC is my Taurus pt111 g2. My retired EDC is a Bersa 380CC. Both have been great guns with no issues. I have always been a Ruger fan and still have my first hand gun a Ruger P85 but cant find a Ruger that I like for EDC.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
EDC is my Taurus pt111 g2. My retired EDC is a Bersa 380CC. Both have been great guns with no issues. I have always been a Ruger fan and still have my first hand gun a Ruger P85 but cant find a Ruger that I like for EDC.

I'm kind of a Ruger guy myself. My first gun was given to me by my dad, Ruger single six with the interchangeable cylinders. Been shooting it since I was 8 yrs old. The 10/22 is arguably the best gun ever made. ;)

J

JTW

I'm kind of a Ruger guy myself. My first gun was given to me by my dad, Ruger single six with the interchangeable cylinders. Been shooting it since I was 8 yrs old. The 10/22 is arguably the best gun ever made. ;)
I love me some Ruger wheel guns and stainless 77's!!

Reactions: trigger
gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I gave Glock a look when I was first in the market. Guy behind the counter asked if I had ever shot a Glock and why that was my choice. Told him due to their reputation...

When I was first shopping for a EDC pistol I spoke with my uncle who is a 35 year deputy sheriff and air force veteran. He told me if I ever had to draw gun it would be within 25' most likely. I shot a few mags through a Ruger LCP and I was all over the target. The first shot out of a Glock 43 hit the bullseye. Needless to say I was sold. I understand some people don't like the fit of a Glock in their hand but it fits mine perfectly.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
too many to pick just one. S&W M&P compact, Kimber TLE II, S&W detectives special, or if I am going to be sweaty or dirty a Bersa Thunder that I picked up for a steal and don't mind abusing. I have a lot more but most are too big to conceal.

Looking at putting a Serpa or Fobus holster on inside of drivers door for the Kimber.

Reactions: JTW and trigger
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
[QUOTEKYhillbilly, post: 150611, member: 6606"]too many to pick just one. S&W M&P compact, Kimber TLE II, S&W detectives special, or if I am going to be sweaty or dirty a Bersa Thunder that I picked up for a steal and don't mind abusing. I have a lot more but most are too big to conceal.

Looking at putting a Serpa or Fobus holster on inside of drivers door for the Kimber.[/QUOTE]
Bersa thunder is a great gun just dont shoot steal case ammo. My bersa eats everything but steal case. I wish I could find a thunder 380 plus but I dont think they import tem anymore.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
mine shoots great as well, never tried steel case ammo in it, and now I won't. Thanks for the advice. I will only shoot steel case in my SKS, only paid $69.00 for it in the late 80's. I have some steel case 223 or 5.56 ammo but I have not shot any, for emergencies only when I run out of brass.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!