P500 Whatcha' Carryin'?

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
That's BA! How long is that thing overall?
I have the Ruger 10/22 Takedown, as close as I got to a concealable rifle. Put a Leupold rimfire scope on it. Breaks down and fits in that small bag, perfect to throw in the toolbox of the P5.
View attachment 37547
How do you find the accuracy of your takedown? I put a red dot on mine and am thinking about putting a 'real' scope on it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
How do you find the accuracy of your takedown? I put a red dot on mine and am thinking about putting a 'real' scope on it.

I found it to be as accurate as my other 10/22, it's all tac'd out, red dot on that one.
I try to keep the connect point pretty tight. This is the first Leupold I've owned, nice scope's. Get the small rimfire one though, so it still fits in the bag.

Reactions: JTW
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Usually carry either a G19 or M&P shield 9mm and at the minimum a LCP .380 - while the .380 is not ideal It is still better than nothing.

My MPX 9mm - would be awesome if not for all the rules on SBR's like taking across state lines but it is a fun gun to shoot - I hav eeven shot it in a few matches in which I figured out I need to look at a different sight for it.
Upload 2017 3 13 8 56 9

Upload 2017 3 13 8 54 32

J

JTW

Usually carry either a G19 or M&P shield 9mm and at the minimum a LCP .380 - while the .380 is not ideal It is still better than nothing.

My MPX 9mm - would be awesome if not for all the rules on SBR's like taking across state lines but it is a fun gun to shoot - I hav eeven shot it in a few matches in which I figured out I need to look at a different sight for it.
View attachment 38061

View attachment 38060
I like it.. what didn't you like about the site?

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like it.. what didn't you like about the site?
@JTW Don't get me wrong I love the Aimpoint and I don't thing you can get a more robust red dot - I will probably move it to an AR. Having it on the MPX and shooing it is some of the USPSA match I found that there is just enough of the case surrounding the glass that it obscures some of your close in vision - that has caused me to miss seeing some small steel tagets. - I have tried to get the Aimpoint out a little farther on the rail to see if that helps but it still happens.

I have an old Burris Fast fire that I am going to test out - I have not shot in a match but mounting it last night I can tell that it does not obscure anything. If I like it on there I will look to replace it with a more robust RMR down the road.

I originally bought the MPX because I have always wanted an MP5 (but never say myself spending the cash for a real one) and the MPX came out. I love this little gun. 8" barrel that I eventually want to replace with a 4.5" barrel and suppressor under the handguard.. in theory it is a perfect house gun at that point. I have a suppressor now and it is pretty darn quiet when you shoot it.

Never had a Sig before and they hit it out of the park with this model - they just need to fulfill some of the promises made in the beginning like offering different barrel lengths to swap out and the caliber conversions.

J

JTW

@JTW Don't get me wrong I love the Aimpoint and I don't thing you can get a more robust red dot - I will probably move it to an AR. Having it on the MPX and shooing it is some of the USPSA match I found that there is just enough of the case surrounding the glass that it obscures some of your close in vision - that has caused me to miss seeing some small steel tagets. - I have tried to get the Aimpoint out a little farther on the rail to see if that helps but it still happens.

I have an old Burris Fast fire that I am going to test out - I have not shot in a match but mounting it last night I can tell that it does not obscure anything. If I like it on there I will look to replace it with a more robust RMR down the road.

I originally bought the MPX because I have always wanted an MP5 (but never say myself spending the cash for a real one) and the MPX came out. I love this little gun. 8" barrel that I eventually want to replace with a 4.5" barrel and suppressor under the handguard.. in theory it is a perfect house gun at that point. I have a suppressor now and it is pretty darn quiet when you shoot it.

Never had a Sig before and they hit it out of the park with this model - they just need to fulfill some of the promises made in the beginning like offering different barrel lengths to swap out and the caliber conversions.
I know exactly what you mean.. I've noticed that a lot of the newer red dot type optics are bulky in the case and cause distraction for me.. that's why I went with a little reflex sight.

ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
I EDC a Shield .40 PC and a Streamlight ProTac2L. The ports really help with muzzle flip, but suck when it comes time to clean. Carried a G27 for a while and I'm thinking of switching to a G19/sidecar rig in the near future.

576dd4a9d8d1b9bdbb594619dee762b5

Reactions: Jshell3 and trigger
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I EDC a Shield .40 PC and a Streamlight ProTac2L. The ports really help with muzzle flip, but suck when it comes time to clean. Carried a G27 for a while and I'm thinking of switching to a G19/sidecar rig in the near future.

576dd4a9d8d1b9bdbb594619dee762b5
I also have one of these performance center shields (9mm).. Shoots very, very well. Usually keep it in an ankle holster
Amazon.com : DeSantis Die Hard S&W Shield Right Hand Black : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
29337285fb3f24b26f5e916f8507997d

My EDC and the wife's when she does carry. I do front pocket so I use a 380. Hers is purse so she carries a 9mm. Got a 5.7 for when I hip carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing a lot of Ruger LC's and Shield's in this thread. Along with the Glock's, seems to be the most popular choice.
When I was in the market, someone mentioned a gritty trigger on the LC, may have been only on his but that was enough to make me walk past it. Couldn't find a Shield anywhere, that was the one I wanted.
Love my CM9 but wish I had given Sig a better look.

J

JTW

Seeing a lot of Ruger LC's and Shield's in this thread. Along with the Glock's, seems to be the most popular choice.
When I was in the market, someone mentioned a gritty trigger on the LC, may have been only on his but that was enough to make me walk past it. Couldn't find a Shield anywhere, that was the one I wanted.
The Rugers have been out a while.. and the first ones did have a rough trigger.. they've been improved since then but I can't say exactly how much. I think they're pretty decent now though.

Reactions: trigger
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
The Rugers have been out a while.. and the first ones did have a rough trigger.. they've been improved since then but I can't say exactly how much. I think they're pretty decent now though.
I think the old ruger LC9 was hammer fired and the new ones are striker fired. That would probably be the difference in trigger feel.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Ruger LC trigger is all right - nothing to write home about but my shield -> I put a Apex Duty/carry trigger in mine and while it actually raised my trigger weight a little it is super crisp and a heck of a better trigger.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Ruger LC trigger is all right - nothing to write home about but my shield -> I put a Apex Duty/carry trigger in mine and while it actually raised my trigger weight a little it is super crisp and a heck of a better trigger.

Let's get together and do this to mine.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let's get together and do this to mine.

I don't think they make a trigger kit for the Bodyguard but if you have a shield or M&P 9,40 or 45 they make trigger kits for those

Reactions: drfubar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I can't complain about the Kahr trigger, it's like butter.

Reactions: JTW
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I'm fairly old school. Carried an Enhanced Gov't Model 1911 for years. All steel frame and 5" barrel got cumbersome in my old age. Now, I find myself reaching for my wife's 3913 Smith & Wesson the majority of the time. Good thing she has discovered my 1908 Pocket Model. She doesn't even gripe about my thievery. Ha!

Reactions: JTW and trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!