P1000 What's your Pioneer getting for Christmas?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Must have been a miss print, most riders wouldn't use nerff bars with factory skids, they would have real skids.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Christmas for the Pioneer was pretty good but I'm on to the next project already. I've had friends request 4 point harnesses and the wife has expressed interest in them so my next project will be a bolt in harness bar for the front seat and a pair of harnesses. I ordered a RZR Dragonfire harness bar. This is only of the bars I've found with 1.75" tube clamp ends. I expect it'll be a bit short but I can machine a tube for the middle. I'll be adding Dragonfire EVO harnesses after the tube is set up. I know people run harnesses without the tube but it's not right or safe so I'll put the labor into the bar to have the belts at the right height and width.

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermar...v5xkWpHwc_lu2vSiS9S9nXsHHEuASkF4aAgJwEALw_wcB

Reactions: Smitty335
J

JTW

Christmas for the Pioneer was pretty good but I'm on to the next project already. I've had friends request 4 point harnesses and the wife has expressed interest in them so my next project will be a bolt in harness bar for the front seat and a pair of harnesses. I ordered a RZR Dragonfire harness bar. This is only of the bars I've found with 1.75" tube clamp ends. I expect it'll be a bit short but I can machine a tube for the middle. I'll be adding Dragonfire EVO harnesses after the tube is set up. I know people run harnesses without the tube but it's not right or safe so I'll put the labor into the bar to have the belts at the right height and width.

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermar...v5xkWpHwc_lu2vSiS9S9nXsHHEuASkF4aAgJwEALw_wcB
Have you or them ran full harnesses before? I thought I liked he idea until I bought some. It wasn’t that they were uncomfortable they just were a pain to get in and out of and made reaching for anything in the vehicle a major pain. I’ve used the stock belts more than most and I find putting a clip on the lap portion my preferred setup. My point is.. you might want to try them first before you spend a bunch rigging it out for harnesses.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you or them ran full harnesses before? I thought I liked he idea until I bought some. It wasn’t that they were uncomfortable they just were a pain to get in and out of and made reaching for anything in the vehicle a major pain. I’ve used the stock belts more than most and I find putting a clip on the lap portion my preferred setup. My point is.. you might want to try them first before you spend a bunch rigging it out for harnesses.

Not sure which ones you tried but the first step is to get some quality harnesses. They got to be comfortable and quick to get in and out or you’ll regret it.

Like Todd, I also got the EVO’s as recommended by snuff. Plus I got to try his first like you said. They are nice

Reactions: JTW
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've run them in other vehicles before but not a Pioneer. I don't find myself really reaching for anything as we are always wearing helmets and goggles, so we aren't eating or drinking. I might occasionally reach for a trail map as a passenger but I should still be able to do that

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Not sure which ones you tried but the first step is to get some quality harnesses. They got to be comfortable and quick to get in and out or you’ll regret it.

Like Todd, I also got the EVO’s as recommended by snuff. Plus I got to try his first like you said. They are nice
Mine were cheap.. but it wasn’t the comfort. I was just too restricted. Might be the t-Rex arms??

I find I’m always back and fofryh opening and closing my windshield and I couldn’t reach the shifter!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

I've run them in other vehicles before but not a Pioneer. I don't find myself really reaching for anything as we are always wearing helmets and goggles, so we aren't eating or drinking. I might occasionally reach for a trail map as a passenger but I should still be able to do that
Just make sure you can reach the shifters then

Reactions: Ragnar406
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine were cheap.. but it wasn’t the comfort. I was just too restricted. Might be the t-Rex arms??

I find I’m always back and fofryh opening and closing my windshield and I couldn’t reach the shifter!!

That’s what makes the EVOs nice, I usually run them loose and they can be tightened one handed in two seconds. Or I just run the lap belt until I see the guy in front of me go wheels up then I pull the shoulder straps over me.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what makes the EVOs nice, I usually run them loose and they can be tightened one handed in two seconds. Or I just run the lap belt until I see the guy in front of me go wheels up then I pull the shoulder straps over me.
Thats what i do with mine.

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Capture1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!