P1000 What's your Pioneer getting for Christmas?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hoping to generate a bit of P1k conversation for the holidays, so what's your Pioneer getting for Christmas?

I'll get the ball rolling. I have Left front CV shaft boots that showed up today. Bought the kit from Rocky Mountain for $58 for both boots and all 4 clamps. I have a sheet of tinted Lexan 63x12x1/4" coming from ebay. Plan for that is to make an upper windshield visor for winter riding in conjunction with my Super ATV half windshield. I also have a pair of Arctic Cat ratcheting windshield clamps coming and a 3 of the AC windshield vents. I've never liked my half windshield because of how much air it blocks. The AC vents are rubber and allow the vents to be blocked or open. I'll cut holes in both side and the middle for the 3 vents so I can choose how much air we get.

Clamps 1541-146
1541-146.jpg

The upper vents are from this windshield 1541-142
54e20ee95749a13daae3ef3fe0bca065

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shocks, Tires/wheels, exhaust, rear winch, braided brake lines, wetsounds, rear cab.
Christmas came early this year......just put Walker Evans all around and have a soft cab from CEC coming tomorrow! Hope to get it on soon as I get it.

I will say the new shocks made it feel like a different machine!!!!!!

20171213 190214 20171213 180937

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wish it was getting more miles!!

I also wish for a set of foxies for all four corners and a full set of skidders.

It will get none of these things I’m afraid.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wish it was getting more miles!!

I also wish for a set of foxies for all four corners and a full set of skidders.

It will get none of these things I’m afraid.

Well IF you weren't such a bad boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

advertisement
J

JTW

I think I’m about done with mine.. I need to put the rear door bushings in and fix a rear cv boot. Otherwise, I may get froggy.. pull the skids and weld in nutserts for skid bolts to replace the self tappers.

Reactions: sharp and lee
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’m about done with mine.. I need to put the rear door bushings in and fix a rear cv boot. Otherwise, I may get froggy.. pull the skids and weld in nutserts for skid bolts to replace the self tappers.

You don't have to weld nutserts. Just install them. You'll have to drill out your self tappers holes to the right size for the nutsert you want

J

JTW

You don't have to weld nutserts. Just install them. You'll have to drill out your self tappers holes to the right size for the nutsert you want
Maybe I’m calling what I have in my mind the wrong thing.. but I’d have to weld them.... . t-nut! That’s what I was envisioning. I guess I’ll have to look how a nursert works.

Reactions: pct
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I’m calling what I have in my mind the wrong thing.. but I’d have to weld them.... . t-nut! That’s what I was envisioning. I guess I’ll have to look how a nursert works.

This video is excessively in-depth but shows how nutserts or rivet nuts can be installed with simple tools. I've added probably 40 of these to my Pioneer.

Reactions: pct, sharp and JTW
J

JTW

This video is excessively in-depth but shows how nutserts or rivet nuts can be installed with simple tools. I've added probably 40 of these to my Pioneer.

Wonder how well they’d do for the skid plates?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder how well they’d do for the skid plates?

That's what I use on mine. I've broken a couple bolts in them and the bolts have backed right out (with a little drilling and extractor worst case). Beats breaking a bolt in the threaded frame holes. If they need to be replaced they also drill out real easy.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!