BOX1

P1000 What's your thoughts on a good windshield?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I am very satisfied running my P1000-3 with the roof and no windshield. However my wife has been hinting around about getting a windshield since we've got our Pioneer. We got caught in some heavy rain while riding this weekend, were a wind shield probably would have been really nice. My concerns are.....1. It will get dirty/dusty and be hard to see out of. 2. It will become scratched and hard to see of over time. 3. It will block to much airflow on warm days, and make the cab uncomfortably hot.

Please share your thoughts on the windshield and which one you have. Why do you like it and/or why you don't like it.

Reactions: sharp
E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am very satisfied running my P1000-3 with the roof and no windshield. However my wife has been hinting around about getting a windshield since we've got our Pioneer. We got caught in some heavy rain while riding this weekend, were a wind shield probably would have been really nice. My concerns are.....1. It will get dirty/dusty and be hard to see out of. 2. It will become scratched and hard to see of over time. 3. It will block to much airflow on warm days, and make the cab uncomfortably hot.

Please share your thoughts on the windshield and which one you have. Why do you like it and/or why you don't like it.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I have the Honda glass windshield and wiper.
It's great in cold / wet weather.
I take it off in the summer but can put it back on in about 10 minutes if I need to.

Not too bad for getting dirty.

I would like a split windshield but I won't give up my wiper.

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 1000-5 and installed the honda flip-up windshield. It works great because of being able to flip it completely up when traveling at slow speeds on warm days. The shock absorbers do an excellent job of supporting/and holding the windshield up to speeds of around 40mph. At speeds over that the windshield will start to move up and down. A couple that we ride with installed a windshield that opens about 3 inches and it gets very warm in the cab on warm days. I am careful when washing the machine that I do not rub on the windshield when it is still dirty. No scratches yet.

J

JTW

SuperATV flip windshield.. gives the best of both worlds.. my wife likes it down. I like it up. It's nice to have the option of both. It also has a partial open position that's similar to the Honda version. I wish they made it in a glass version but they do not... however I don't have any complaints about it scratching!

J

JTW

I'd get that ripped off by a tree first time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol.. I pull it closed if I'm in tight places... it will actually slam shut if you happen to forget. You have to pay attention.. but it's really not that bad.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought the Honda one piece poly hardcoat. I have a one piece hardcoat on my Polaris Ranger with 7500 miles and it doesn't have a scratch on it. I've even tinted it with 35% 3M tint. The coating that is put on these windshields really eliminates the hazing/cloudiness of what plagued plexiglass panels in the past so don't be afraid of a hardcoat poly shield. I'd steer away from a regular poly windshield. They "spiderweb" real easily. Why did I choose one piece? Purely aesthetics. I don't like a leaking rattling funky crack in my windshield. Doesn't bother some but it bothers me. Points to consider...Glass is way heavier, more expensive, if a rock hits it, it'll split and run like a car windshield. But it is prettier.

Reactions: sharp and JTW

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also... if you get a one piece windshield, prepare to get a rear panel of some type. When you put a one piece windshield on, it creates a low pressure behind it and will suck up insane amounts of dust. A split windshield can be opened to eliminate low pressure condition and therefore less dust. But you'll be eatin' bugs and rocks and sand and mud and branches etc.

Rousseau

Rousseau

Jun 8, 2017
Central, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just recently bought my P 1000-5. What would you recommend first, a windshield or roof?

J

JTW

Also... if you get a one piece windshield, prepare to get a rear panel of some type. When you put a one piece windshield on, it creates a low pressure behind it and will suck up insane amounts of dust. A split windshield can be opened to eliminate low pressure condition and therefore less dust. But you'll be eatin' bugs and rocks and sand and mud and branches etc.
The soft mid panel is needed with any windshield.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Roof.. but it wouldn't have to be the Honda roof. The Honda is good but there are some other options for les $$$!
Yep... A windshield with no roof and you'll be cookin' in there!!

Reactions: sharp and JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!