P1000 What's your thoughts on a good windshield?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a few small minor scratches in the upper have of my honda split windsheild. But the bottom is so scratched that with a little bit of dust and sunlight its pretty tough to see through. I am kinda hard on it ill admitt that. Lots of over grown trials with low hanging branches. Depends on where and how you ride, i wish i would have went glass.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm in the process of buying everything for another P1K3. I have the glass windshield currently but would like a split screen on the next one. Just concerned about scratches. We drive through a ton of branches then the snow covers the windshield and we are constantly using the wiper to clear it off. I'm thinking I need to stick to glass? Thoughts?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in the process of buying everything for another P1K3. I have the glass windshield currently but would like a split screen on the next one. Just concerned about scratches. We drive through a ton of branches then the snow covers the windshield and we are constantly using the wiper to clear it off. I'm thinking I need to stick to glass? Thoughts?
I ran wipers on my hard coat this winter on 5-6 snow runs. I didnt get any scratches from the wipers. But make sure the windshield is spotless befor thinking about using them

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Rousseau

Rousseau

Jun 8, 2017
Central, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got ya.. I'm in Breckinridge county... I went to UK. Had some good times in Lexington!
Nice. I'm a big UK fan. I went to EKU but both sons went to UK. Have you been on any of the public trails in my area. If so, which ones were good enough to try? Thanks

J

JTW

Nice. I'm a big UK fan. I went to EKU but both sons went to UK. Have you been on any of the public trails in my area. If so, which ones were good enough to try? Thanks
I haven't.. if I'm going to haul one to Lexington I may as well got to East Tennessee.

Reactions: Doogy
advertisement
Comeaux

Comeaux

Aug 12, 2017
Eunice,La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my opinion the best windshield for Honda p1000-5

IMG 1040 IMG 1039 IMG 1040

Reactions: ofrcboy
ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
SuperATV flip windshield.. gives the best of both worlds.. my wife likes it down. I like it up. It's nice to have the option of both. It also has a partial open position that's similar to the Honda version. I wish they made it in a glass version but they do not... however I don't have any complaints about it scratching!
I can't tell by the pictures how that windshield stays up?? Do you have to stop and tighten something or just flip it up like the Polaris ones with the gas struts??

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't tell by the pictures how that windshield stays up?? Do you have to stop and tighten something or just flip it up like the Polaris ones with the gas struts??
@ElmerFudd
I am sure @JTW will confirm, but I believe it is gas struts.

Reactions: JTW and Landman
J

JTW

@ElmerFudd
I am sure @JTW will confirm, but I believe it is gas struts.
Yup.. it's got struts. Just a simple lever to hold it in place.. or release it and give it a shove to open.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Super atv flip up windshield is the bees knees. One ride it began raining to keep up with my group I had to run 60 mph is all it took for us to buy a windshield. I have towed at 65mph with it flipped open without an issue plus i like the vent option. But be aware closed or vented at speed the cage shakes it's a little concerning at first. In tight trails I haven't hit it on anything yet but our last ride it grabbed the web of a banana spider it swung into the cab I almost rear ended a rzr 1000.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Super atv flip up windshield is the bees knees. One ride it began raining to keep up with my group I had to run 60 mph is all it took for us to buy a windshield. I have towed at 65mph with it flipped open without an issue plus i like the vent option. But be aware closed or vented at speed the cage shakes it's a little concerning at first. In tight trails I haven't hit it on anything yet but our last ride it grabbed the web of a banana spider it swung into the cab I almost rear ended a rzr 1000.
Get a Smitty bar

D

Dirty10

Dec 15, 2016
Eastern Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Pioneer 1000 | DFK.cz have one on order, had this system on my Yamaha Viking and love it. No more removing my Honda front glass when its hot out just open the DFK.
I currently have the Honda 1000 5 full top, front glass, full doors, rear piece with slider window. top is notched for 52" curved light bar so that it doesn't have to be on top "mounted to windshield" front rack is also mounted to front windshield. all will be for sale soon

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer 1000 | DFK.cz have one on order, had this system on my Yamaha Viking and love it. No more removing my Honda front glass when its hot out just open the DFK.
I currently have the Honda 1000 5 full top, front glass, full doors, rear piece with slider window. top is notched for 52" curved light bar so that it doesn't have to be on top "mounted to windshield" front rack is also mounted to front windshield. all will be for sale soon
How much does the setup cost and can you get just the windshield and will it work with oem roof? That's exactly the windshield I want.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!