When to buy ?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
CVTs do not have the precise control or the efficient power output a manual gear box has. Much easier to swamp an air cooled belt box too. Why do you think Yamaha puts a manual in the YXZ.
Notice the word "most".

If you you don't know the pros and cons, and what will work better for you personally, then you can't make an educated decision.

Reactions: Remington and ChadD
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are many Honda products in my household.

Originally wanted to buy a P520, but couldn't find one at the time, which pushed me into buying the Yamaha Wolverine 850 X2.

Honda did me a big favor. The Wolverine, although more expensive than the P520 (17k), is superior in every way. Quality, ride, comfort and value, way above what Honda offered.

I get the love of Honda but, if you don't see everything out there, you don't know what you might be missing.

Said the creeper in the dark alley 👀🤣🤣🤣

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, the RMAX is loud but the Wolverine X2 is not.

Many pros and cons.
Yeah. There nice rigs fo sho.
I personally cant do belts on a sxs. I have my fill of them high RPM whiny things on my sleds for 4 months out of the year with a helmet on. I think Id go insane 🤣
I was glad to hand my buddies KRX back when I drove it one time.
IMG 5425

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah. There nice rigs fo sho.
I personally cant do belts on a sxs. I have my fill of them high RPM whiny things on my sleds for 4 months out of the year with a helmet on. I think Id go insane 🤣
I was glad to hand my buddies KRX back when I drove it one time.
View attachment 390477
Yeah, one of the cons for sure, i get that.

But engine braking and not having to shift while being in the optimum RPM range is a big plus for a newbie. You are less likely to brake something and or crash.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Notice the word "most".

If you you don't know the pros and cons, and what will work better for you personally, then you can't make an educated decision.
I know what a CVT is, I had one on my minibike when I was 12. It was called Comet Torq a verter. It was the shat in the 70s.

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I know what a CVT is, I had one on my minibike when I was 12. It was called Comet Torq a verter. It was the shat in the 70s.
Yup, same thing as the Yamaha CVT...............Nothing has changed in 50 years..................

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Not having to shift?
Is this thread about another honda?

For any beginner out there leave it in auto and it shifts itself.
The Honda autoshift is fine for when you are cruising over the lawn, but that's about it.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio and ChadD
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
There are many Honda products in my household.

Originally wanted to buy a P520, but couldn't find one at the time, which pushed me into buying the Yamaha Wolverine 850 X2.

Honda did me a big favor. The Wolverine, although more expensive than the P520 (17k), is superior in every way. Quality, ride, comfort and value, way above what Honda offered.
I get the love of Honda but, if you don't see everything out there, you don't know what you might be missing.

The Wolverine is really nice but....isn't it physically larger than the P520? I'm pretty sure the width is over 60 inches. Kinda hard to compare the two when one is significantly larger and more expensive than the other.

Mike

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The Wolverine is really nice but....isn't it physically larger than the P520? I'm pretty sure the width is over 60 inches. Kinda hard to compare the two when one is significantly larger and more expensive than the other.

Mike
Yes, the width at the tires on my Wolverine is 62". I didn't need the larger machine for what my needs are. I didn't want it taking up more room in the garage but I certainly appreciate having 2 bucket seats with a console in the middle. That kind of stuff makes it worth the trouble.

Also came with power steering, a roof and a winch. All stuff I would have had to buy anyway.

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!