sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When does Honda typically ship the new model year machines?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, nothing yet. Fall, late fall. Pick up usually around then depending on current stock level of the 16's.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
When does Honda typically ship the new model year machines?

Depends on what COLOR you want might be September 2016 or might be April 2017, just don't want a Silver one or it will never come. :p

Reactions: ohanacreek and lee
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't want to wait until then, summer over. We'll see

Reactions: swsebek
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Shouldn't we have gotten redline videos/new model announcements by now for the 2017 lineup?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Shouldn't we have gotten redline videos/new model announcements by now for the 2017 lineup?

2017 SXS info will not be revealed until July.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hmm why was I thinking April? Thanks guys
All of the 2017 ATV info was just released last week, but not the SXS. Maybe that's what had you thinking April.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My local shop just told me 3 days ago he has new 16's coming up into december, so he doesn't think he'll have a '17 until January

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
My local shop just told me 3 days ago he has new 16's coming up into december, so he doesn't think he'll have a '17 until January

Not to call your local dealer out by any means @sugarray but that isn't accurate...

He doesn't know what units he'll be receiving in December right now. Dealers work off a 90 day order window so he won't be ordering units for December delivery for quite some time.

Is he saying the 2017 ATV or SxS models won't be arriving until January of 2017? We've bounced back and forth in this thread between them both. 2017 ATVs will start releasing this month. On the SxS topic though, he is definitely just guessing and throwing a date out there. If history repeats itself like it did on the 1st models of the Pioneer 500, 700 and 1000 - we won't be waiting until January... Cough cough hint hint......

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not to call your local dealer out by any means @sugarray but that isn't accurate...

He doesn't know what units he'll be receiving in December right now. Dealers work off a 90 day order window so he won't be ordering units for December delivery for quite some time.

Is he saying the 2017 ATV or SxS models won't be arriving until January of 2017? We've bounced back and forth in this thread between them both. 2017 ATVs will start releasing this month. On the SxS topic though, he is definitely just guessing and throwing a date out there. If history repeats itself like it did on the 1st models of the Pioneer 500, 700 and 1000 - we won't be waiting until January... Cough cough hint hint......

Thanks for that info. He looked at a sheet he had laid on the counter, I didn't look at it and was "quoting" dates from it. He has sharp looking white deluxe I just had to look at and thought I'd ask about the '17s. I'm really getting ancy with summer here to ride, but am trying hard to wait for the 17's or at least the info on changes/updates/upgrades/etc before getting a late production 16.

This info is why I keep coming back when I don't have one yet!

Reactions: HondaProKevin
HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
Thanks for that info. He looked at a sheet he had laid on the counter, I didn't look at it and was "quoting" dates from it. He has sharp looking white deluxe I just had to look at and thought I'd ask about the '17s. I'm really getting ancy with summer here to ride, but am trying hard to wait for the 17's or at least the info on changes/updates/upgrades/etc before getting a late production 16.

This info is why I keep coming back when I don't have one yet!

No problem at all. Accurate info is the reason why I started my lil rinky dink blog as sadly there is a lot of incorrect info floating around out there by people at dealers that just spout something out as fact when it's only their opinion etc.

The sheet he's looking at says nothing about December, I can promise you that ;)

If you've waited this long, if I were you I'd wait a little longer... Until July at least so you'll know what new 2017 side by side models will be released from Honda and if they make any changes to the current 2016 lineup for 2017. You could potentially kick yourself if you plopped down the cash for a 2016 and then BAM they release a new model you like more etc. It will be several months later though before the 2017 side by side models hit dealers showroom floors, just as a heads up. Come July though, 2016's will still be available if you don't want to wait after finding out the new info. Honda will still be shipping 2016 Pioneer 1000 models in July as I've got scheduled release dates until then so you won't have to worry about being out of luck and not getting to nab a discounted 2016 up before they are all gone.

Reactions: sugarray
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Well Honda SxS , Its july. The month of Hondas sxs model/ lineup announcement as rumored. Just wondering if anyone on here has heard any news on a round about date for this announcement.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking there must be significant changes coming for the 2017 models because the dealers are giving mega discounts on the 2016s around here. My new car dealer friend says Honda must be offering significant rebates to the dealer on the 2016s to make these prices possible. They sure didn't do that to help them move the 2015s.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!