P1000 Where to put Registration Decals?

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
About the simplest (perhaps stupidest) question ever. My Wisconsin registration decals are supposed to go forward of the operator and visible to law enforcement. New machine, new decals, and I haven't seen where people normally apply them. There doesn't seem to be a "natural" place for such decals, and my choices seem to be on the doors or hood. I hate to make it look like someone slapped some graffiti on my brand new baby. LOL

Sorry for the question, but I don't want to screw something up.

Reactions: iowaguy and sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm putting my new ones on the B-pillar between the doors. I have this years on the A-pillar and they are completely unreadable after trees, windshields and pressure washer.

Where I have it now
IMG 20171222 174247194

Reactions: sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine are going right about the white label behind the driver door this year.
81Nciu2FljL SL1500

Where are you in WI and where do you usually ride?

Reactions: sharp
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 61272

View attachment 61272

About 7 miles east of Portage in my little 8 acre patch of woods, near Swan Lake. I think our next ride will be up in the Spooner area.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About the simplest (perhaps stupidest) question ever. My Wisconsin registration decals are supposed to go forward of the operator and visible to law enforcement. New machine, new decals, and I haven't seen where people normally apply them. There doesn't seem to be a "natural" place for such decals, and my choices seem to be on the doors or hood. I hate to make it look like someone slapped some graffiti on my brand new baby. LOL

Put it anywhere you want, chances are you are one of the few that respect the law.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I also have the Wis. stickers, don't put them on the fenders they won't stick,I put mine down in each front bottom corner of the windshield

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also have the Wis. stickers, don't put them on the fenders they won't stick,I put mine down in each front bottom corner of the windshield

I suppose that works if you want to suffer through riding with a windshield

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine are on the lower 1/2 windshield,I never take that off

Wouldn't work for me. If it's over 50° I'm running no windshield and enjoying the weather. Now that my lower is vented I might be happier but probably not

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'll look at the windshield, but I have a one piece glass windshield that I plan on removing in warmer weather. I may have to mess up my red hood with green decals just to make the DNR happy. I was thinking about the fenders, but you have changed my thinking on that. I may try to be creative and fasten something on my fenders or bumper that the DNR would accept, but I'm sure they want them to be attached securely to the UTV in a manner that they can't be easily taken on and off. Maybe a good set of hub caps would do the job. LOL

Thanks for the responses.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've looked at the situation 50 different ways, and I'm just going to put mine on the front part of my doors on the 1000-3. I am not wild about the looks, but it'll get the job done. My windshield will be off in the summer, and the hood just doesn't seem like a very good option. Now to make a decision on the rear I.D. plate which I've been given some good suggestions. I may actually make two hole in the tailgate a use Honda's plastic pop rivets to fasten the plate on as suggested to me on another thread. I like the mount on the exhaust cover idea, but ToddACimer (I think that's right) burnt his plate and exhaust cover up with that idea.

Later update. Oops... 2018 P3 doesn't have that nice flat spot for a plate on the tailgate. Temp fix was to make a wood plug for the receiver and put it there. Longer term I'll make a bumper as another poster was so kind as to post with numerous pictures with "how to" instructions.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!