P700m4 Which 2" lift

HondaVT

HondaVT

Jun 28, 2015
I definitely need a lift kit.whats everyone having the best luck with. I am bone stock right now and it seems like a Lamborghini has more ground clearance Help

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I been looking and need a lift too. But i dislike the ones like super atv and highlifter cause it moves the top of shocks out. Also there was a new post from a guy that has the highlifter that said it broke the tab weld on frame or somethign. Strong made lift seems to be the best option for the money but it really doesn't lift much in the front 1" i think. It moves the bottom of shock out. Extreme seems to be the best but it's $330 too much for me. I'm going to wait and see if anything new comes out. I really don't trail ride much and mostly want one for stumps and fallen tree limbs.

Reactions: HondaVT
bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
I used superatv on mine with 28" Maxxis Zillas and it made for a way better ride. Less bottoming out and better flex. Would of gone with a less agresive tire but these were the lightest

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ended up moding the design lining the shock up more with factory angles and making my own.
The kits with spacers stiffen the ride and make it ride rough. If you have a 2015 with the dual rate shocks(or a 2014 with the 2015 shocks like I did that completely cancels out the dual rate benefits.

The highlighter and superatv have long leverage arms that are susceptible to deflection front to rear and the Highlifter puts a lot of leverage on the factory shock mounts. @joeymt33 had that problem and there is a thread explaining it here. http://hondasxs.com/index.php?posts/21973/

Sadly enough the Strong made with its meager 2" lift in the front is probably the best bet ride and durability wise. Which is why I ended up making my own. 28.5"x10.75"(actual dimensions) tires on 7" 5/2 rims for reference and they didn't rub except when fully tucked at full lock.

2d3bad93a99ddb3e7d28c1f938a2b673

468c7b0a10149b2e90bd3cb72a867670

Last edited:
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I Have the SuperATV lift and it has a Single mounting bar for both shock mounts in the front end, I have not had the Tab problem.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still has the long brackets that allow flex if you're hard on a machine which some are...or might be on accident(me)

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's easy to tell yourself you're going to be easy on it, then you go ride and your inner child comes out and next thing you know all four wheels are off the ground and you just can't go fast enough!!

HondaVT

HondaVT

Jun 28, 2015
Just installed the strongmade lift. Very easy to install. Took it for a ride and I can not believe that honda would not just lift them from the factory. I think now I will just upradw to 26 in itps and a winch.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed the strongmade lift. Very easy to install. Took it for a ride and I can not believe that honda would not just lift them from the factory. I think now I will just upradw to 26 in itps and a winch.

Def need a winch they weigh too much to get unstuck without one.

Reactions: HondaVT

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!