P1000 Which a arm guards to get?

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For my new '21 P1K-3 I am considering to get a arm guards front and rear. I plan to keep the factory a arms stock. I am wondering about the uhmv style guards? I am thinking the aluminum guards would maybe get beat up looking after awhile. Or do I really need any a arm guards at all? How well do they actually protect the boots? I mainly plan to be running fairly decent somewhat developed woodland trails, nothing extreme. Thanks for any comments!

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Search the forums a little. Recent conversations advised me that A arm guards may be more trouble than not. I'm told that debris and other junk can get caught up inside of them, do damage (tear boots) and be difficult to clean. Not sure if I'm going to install mine now or not - I bought UHMW guards from Trail Armor along with my UHMW skid plate.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Again, Its all a preference.
some like them and some dont. will they protect the boots? Eh..depends On what your riding in.
they sure as $hit hold alot of mud tho! Ive had and have them. Ive had boots tear with them on. IMO its 50/50 and in most cases a pice of mind

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
some like them and some dont. will they protect the boots? Eh..depends On what your riding in.
they sure as $hit hold alot of mud tho! Ive had and have them. Ive had boots tear with them on. IMO its 50/50 and in most cases a pice of mind
Same hear, I have aluminum and they bend at 90 degrees upward for a "stickstopper" effect. Like Remi said, they sure hold a lot of mud.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just took this pic a little while ago, if you look at the lower part you can see the guards that I have.
IMG 0181

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Same hear, I have aluminum and they bend at 90 degrees upward for a "stickstopper" effect. Like Remi said, they sure hold a lot of mud.
How long have you had them installed and have you experienced any damage as a result of sticks or other objects getting caught up in there?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How long have you had them installed and have you experienced any damage as a result of sticks or other objects getting caught up in there?
They have been on there over 5 years and I have never had any damage to the boots, shafts or A-arms. But it sees mostly mud and is used almost daily for horses,yard or utility work.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is an old pic. but u can see the guards well. Ive had alot of mud and sticks in the mud. only one time did one of those sticks poke a boot. U can have that without as well. So again 50/50 imo. They look good tho.
E77C5DE4 5120 419B A4BC D5A2A82B6366

advertisement
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have them on my 2000 Bombardier Traxter 500 which I still own. I went many years with hard plastic guards on the front with no trouble. But one day just a couple years back, I hit a stick or sharp branch on a new trail at just the right angle and the end of the stick wedged in and got the boot.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
remember, these are a arm guards, not cv joint boot saviors, I run aluminum guards with the hope it saves an a arm one day from a rock, trying to prevent the random stick from puncturing a boot is almost impossible, every machine I have had over the years ended up with a torn boot at some point.......

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
remember, these are a arm guards, not cv joint boot saviors, I run aluminum guards with the hope it saves an a arm one day from a rock, trying to prevent the random stick from puncturing a boot is almost impossible, every machine I have had over the years ended up with a torn boot at some point.......
That's what I was thinking about those "a arm guards." Otherwise they would probably be called "cv joint boot saviors." But they do look pretty. Lol!

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!