P1000 Which AUX Battery?

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So...............right now............after a few beers......... I'm torn between an Optima under the seat, and an Odyssey under the hood! I can see the positives of both...............WTH do I due?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I have the underhood odyssey. Works great but if I was starting over Id put the Optima under the seat.
I dont use the underseat storage the way I thought I would
I could use more room under the hood.
I'd prefer that weight is lower down for center of gravity.

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the underhood odyssey. Works great but if I was starting over Id put the Optima under the seat.
I dont use the underseat storage the way I thought I would
I could use more room under the hood.
I'd prefer that weight is lower down for center of gravity.

That's what I was thinking! How often would I want to pull the seat to get something? But then I thought, that's where I could keep my RRV kit..........Big space, down low with lot's of potential! But I'm still torn between the two!

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
That's what I was thinking! How often would I want to pull the seat to get something? But then I thought, that's where I could keep my RRV kit..........Big space, down low with lot's of potential! But I'm still torn between the two!
You could probably fit both - but i still dont do it :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rincon
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a tough call. I have the smaller (51 series?) under the seat. There's enough room for another one if/when my factory battery croaks. I already got the 2nd Optima waiting to go in. I've got an optima in one of my cars with the 2011 sticker still on it. It's outlasted 3 vehicles so far lol.

Sckottty

Sckottty

Dec 2, 2017
Abilene TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So...............right now............after a few beers......... I'm torn between an Optima under the seat, and an Odyssey under the hood! I can see the positives of both...............WTH do I due?
You can also buy Interstate SLA1156 35AH $76.00 vs Odyssey PC925 28AH $170+. Interstate little taller in AUX holder under P1K. These batterys are used in Electric wheel chairs and work well in dusty, damp, high vibe environment. They can even be installed upside down if that tells you something. Fully sealed with resin and units do not vent.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can also buy Interstate SLA1156 35AH $76.00 vs Odyssey PC925 28AH $170+. Interstate little taller in AUX holder under P1K.

One warning about those is that they are NOT designed to handle the vibration and impact that a Pioneer will subject them to. They are designed to sit still in a metal enclosure for backup power for Fire alarms, Security Systems, or used in UPS backups. If you are local I have one I will give you that is just sitting in my garage, using it on the pioneer its gonna fail sooner or later but its just going to go bad sitting out there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!