P500 Which Rims to use ?

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Glad they don't kick up much dust as it can get really dusty out at the ranch. I'll run a little more than 8psi there but 8 sounds good for the deer lease.

LandofCheese

LandofCheese

Apr 11, 2022
Wisconsin
I will say the tire has a pretty stiff sidewall. I've had this rig way weighted down a few times and they barely even notice on the tire side of things... I was thinking about going less even if I'm just running trails. My bother is getting a 700-4 and likes the A043 on my machine so muchhe is putting them on his right away.
I will honestly be curious about your experiences. Don't see many people with them.

Reactions: Backwoods
silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I will say the tire has a pretty stiff sidewall. I've had this rig way weighted down a few times and they barely even notice on the tire side of things... I was thinking about going less even if I'm just running trails. My bother is getting a 700-4 and likes the A043 on my machine so muchhe is putting them on his right away.
I will honestly be curious about your experiences. Don't see many people with them.
Glad to hear the sidewall are stiff. I load my p5 down pretty good on every ride. 5 to 6 bags of corn, backpack, tools, guns, beer. Will give some feedback. Hopefully in two week's I can get to the deer lease and maybe out to the ranch in May.

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Got the tires mounted on the wheels and on Pockets. Without spacers front outside to outside is about 49 1/4" and rear is 48".
So if I put 1" on the front and the 1 1/2" on the back ill be around 51 1/4" in the front and around 51" in back.
Or put 1" on the rear and the back would be about 3/4" wider. Hmmm, what to do? Order wider spacers?

Edit: not sure why the pic is sideways?
20230331 201118

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got the tires mounted on the wheels and on Pockets. Without spacers front outside to outside is about 49 1/4" and rear is 48".
So if I put 1" on the front and the 1 1/2" on the back ill be around 51 1/4" in the front and around 51" in back.
Or put 1" on the rear and the back would be about 3/4" wider. Hmmm, what to do? Order wider spacers?

Edit: not sure why the pic is sideways?
View attachment 381258
What are Pockets? How tall are those tires, 26's? I'd go with the wider stance based on the measurements you've given, otherwise it'll be a puckerfest.

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, will definitely go wide.

Being a John Wayne fan. I would make my kids watch his movies. In Hatari , they round up African animals for zoos. Actor Red Buttons is one of the wranglers. J Wayne in the movie nicknames Red's character "Pockets" because he wears shirts and shorts with pockets all over them.
When I bought my p5 I asked my girls what color to get. They both said red.
Realized after the first ride I needed storage for stuff. I drilled an old binocular case next to the hand brake. Then added little tool holders that you can by from Lowes or home depot. Right now I have at least 7 "pocket pouches". That how Pockets got his name.

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
So I was able to get out to the deer lease for work and riding. These tires preformed very well. Lots of traction. Laid over a tower stand and drug it about a 100 yards. I was impressed. Had to dig the stand out of the dirt a few times but 'ol Pockets got the job done.

Reactions: trigger and futzin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!