Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What does socks mean?

Here is link. Seem legit?
Fixed it for you. GD siri!
SHOCKS!!

so u got like $650 in tires. again, tires alone not including spacers and preferably spacers is a great down payment to shocks. Work smarter not harder;)

Also, got to tag someone to see your post like this @lukebuz I never seen till today that u posted that link.

L

lukebuz

Jun 22, 2020
Bowling Green, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks everyone. Hopefully one last question. Is running an 11" wide tire OK on a 7" rim? I see ya'll running on 7" just fine. It's more just for my education...

@trigger
@KYgal83

Maxxis website says shows an 8" wide rim? See attachment.

Capture

Last edited:
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks everyone. Hopefully one last question. Is running an 11" wide tire OK on a 7" rim? I see ya'll running on 7" just fine. It's more just for my education...

@trigger
@KYgal83

Maxxis website says shows an 8" wide rim? See attachment.

View attachment 344695
I have not had an issue but I am running 27". I contacted Maxxis regarding the wheel size because that chart shows I need 2 different sizes and they suggested the 7". So.. I went with it.

Last edited:
L

lukebuz

Jun 22, 2020
Bowling Green, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Just a final follow up! Tires and Wheels came FAST. Got them on. It's an improvement, but as everyone said, it's not night and day. It's a moderate improvement, as they seem to roll over rocks and bumps a little bit easier. Makes sense...bigger softer tire will roll over the same bump smoother than a smaller harder tire. Still some herky jerky on the big stuff, but that's where new shocks would fix. Just don't have $1600 to throw at it.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. It does seem to increase the gearing a bit, and keep the RPM's (and noise) down when rolling slowly through the trails. No issue with reduced power in gears 1-4; in fact take-off in gear 1 is smoother. Do notice a power decrease when in gear 5 at lower speeds. I'm never going above 30 regularly, so no problem for me. No stability issues - seems as planted as it always is (which isn't saying that much). Steering effort unchanged.

A few measurements:
50" exactly with stock tires, now 53" front and what seems like 52.5" in back. Used 5+2 offset rims.
Rear stock tire/rim = 29.6lbs, 26x11 BH2.0 on 7" rim = 42.6lbs. +13lbs
Front 24.6lbs, new 35.8lbs. +11lbs
Gained 1.5" in height all around.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That answers my question, I guess1

To elaborate... the P5's ride pretty stiff as it is with very little suspension travel. Going with 14's gives you less sidewall and an even rougher ride. Going with a square profile high ply tire and it gets even worse. So believe it or not, you can actually make the ride worse than stock.

Q

quartz

Jan 11, 2020
Clovis, Ca
Ownership

1. 500
To elaborate... the P5's ride pretty stiff as it is with very little suspension travel. Going with 14's gives you less sidewall and an even rougher ride. Going with a square profile high ply tire and it gets even worse. So believe it or not, you can actually make the ride worse than stock.
Thank you for answering. I was tossing around going to 14's as I have both size rims. As I was looking around I noticed it would give more clearance on brake lines on front. Not that I need more clearance. I think I will move up to 26x9x12 & 26x11x12.

M

msjfgrant

Jun 6, 2022
mississippi
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Price some Stage 1 Elkas. Cheapest of the quality shock choices. It hurts the wallet but the ride quality improvement is worth it and that wallet ain’t savin your rear in the rough stuff. Stock rims can handle 9’s or 10’s up front and 11 or 12’s out back. I run 28x10’s on four front rims to keep beads happy but I can ruin an anvil.......
Price some Stage 1 Elkas. Cheapest of the quality shock choices. It hurts the wallet but the ride quality improvement is worth it and that wallet ain’t savin your rear in the rough stuff. Stock rims can handle 9’s or 10’s up front and 11 or 12’s out back. I run 28x10’s on four front rims to keep beads happy but I can ruin an anvil.......
I use these Stage 1 Elkas. Made a huge difference in ride quality. I am still running stock wheels/tires.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use these Stage 1 Elkas. Made a huge difference in ride quality. I am still running stock wheels/tires.
I think Snuff was the first to run Elka's, I was not far behind him in 17. I think he ran the Stage 5's as well as I. Never had an issue with them, but you don't need the Stage 5's unless your a shock junkie. Stage 1, 2, or extreme Stage 3's. I'd go with Stage 1 or 2s.

Reactions: crewcabrob
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!