Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
But at the end of the day they are still just a Polaris…
There are 4 that I ride with, all are under 2 years old without many miles, currently all 4 are down.
Friend that has two of them drove his wife’s 4 door Talon this weekend because of it. One has blown front diff and other has slipping belt and front end issues.
The other friend had one in the shop for blown case and it looks like it’ll be there all summer so he bought the new Pro and it’s in shop with belt issues.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My buddy's 2021 1000-5 only had < 2 miles on it before it burned to a pile of steel cage/frame and melted rubber/plastic/aluminum, so ...
All of them can have issues. My 16 P1 is going to the shop 7/24/3 for motor diagnostic with 4,500 miles. A quart of oil is going somewhere every 500 miles. No external oil leaks?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I’m wondering if they were loose when you were having clutch issues and they tightened up then.
Kinda been watching for your two bad experiences to happen again, maybe same cause, years back I believe that was the problem with clutches on mine. Since oil was shared on mine had factory loose clamps it brings dust into the cylinder and into oil system. That abrasion is what I had issue with. When dusty clutches failed much more often than wet or snow conditions.
I didn’t realize this till started to smell burning oil and it was already consuming too much. Shortly after that she dropped compression and lost power. I found like 15 psi on one cylinder and started looking at why, that’s when I noticed dead cylinder had 1/4” gap from boot to intake. So that cylinder had been eating shot for awhile. Engine was done. All because some lazy ass hole at the factory didn’t tighten it. After I mentioned it there were several that had them loose.
I just say this because it sounds familiar.
I'll find out next month.

D

Dirt-roadfab

Aug 25, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked one up as well, wanted one since the first time I saw it. Sure glad it drives smaller than it is.
Told my wife that the purchase was for R&D and to confirm fitment of our current products but she saw right through that 😁 Love it so far, but it desperately needs bigger tires.
Plan to build bumpers, tire carrier/bed rack. Luckily our harness bars already work front and rear.

I picked one up as well, wanted one since the first time I saw it. Sure glad it drives smaller than it is.
Told my wife that the purchase was for R&D and to confirm fitment of our current products but she saw right through that 😁 Love it so far, but it desperately needs bigger tires.
Plan to build bumpers, tire carrier/bed rack. Luckily our harness bars already work front and rear.

View attachment 381571
Cargo rack protoype done and in production. Will carry dual 2 or 3 gallon RotopaX cans. To keep production and shipping costs down I utilized the Harbor Freight hitch carrier for the basket. For $75 they can't be beat. I couldn't bring myself to mount it to plastic that is why the uprights are inset a few inches so they would land on the steel subframe.

20230630 190558 20230630 190552

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!