SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Sooo…

I’ve been doing a bit of searching a bit on a 1000-6 and found at least locally to me the 1000-6 appears to be around 21.5k for a bare deluxe model.

By the time I outfit it with lights, battery, winch, heater, and hard cab, I figure rough estimate of around 28.5k or so before skid plate ect, and still have to install it all and deal with a not so nice cab setup.

Meanwhile a base Polaris crew Northstar is 31k locally …

Even when comparing same to same bare units I’m failing to see the value of the 1000-6 vs a base Ranger Crew 1000…especially that the Honda is more expensive at least locally.

The whole belt vs dct isn’t enough imo to keep me outta the Polaris if I’m Joe Sixpack imo.

Still having hard time swallowing idea of a SXS north of 25k finished … sigh.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sooo…

I’ve been doing a bit of searching a bit on a 1000-6 and found at least locally to me the 1000-6 appears to be around 21.5k for a bare deluxe model.

By the time I outfit it with lights, battery, winch, heater, and hard cab, I figure rough estimate of around 28.5k or so before skid plate ect, and still have to install it all and deal with a not so nice cab setup.

Meanwhile a base Polaris crew Northstar is 31k locally …

Even when comparing same to same bare units I’m failing to see the value of the 1000-6 vs a base Ranger Crew 1000…especially that the Honda is more expensive at least locally.

The whole belt vs dct isn’t enough imo to keep me outta the Polaris if I’m Joe Sixpack imo.

Still having hard time swallowing idea of a SXS north of 25k finished … sigh.
...........that $31K will turn into $40K+ in no time, and it'll still be a Poolaris 🤨🤷‍♂️

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Possibly, but the HVAC point imo makes sense only being a few k from something already installed (cab, etc).
...... lipstick on a pig IMO

I've yet to personally see one of those fancy rigs with more than a few thousand miles on them. Always getting "upgraded" for a newer one or in/out of the shop more times than they're on the trails. I know a complete cab must be a nice selling point to some, but if you're going that far in for comfort why not get a Jeep or similar?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
...... lipstick on a pig IMO

I've yet to personally see one of those fancy rigs with more than a few thousand miles on them. Always getting "upgraded" for a newer one or in/out of the shop more times than they're on the trails. I know a complete cab must be a nice selling point to some, but if you're going that far in for comfort why not get a Jeep or similar?
Your not wrong on the trail riding aspect, but for spraying, plowing snow, fixing fences ect, a Jeep wouldn’t be as versatile.

I did see a few Polaris Expeditions in the Black Hills a few weeks ago. Almost all of the Rangers I see in eastern SD these days on farms are 3 or 6 passenger Northstar variants. Essentially they replace the John Deere gators that had hvac.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
did see a few Polaris Expeditions in the Black Hills a few weeks ago. Almost all of the Rangers I see in eastern SD these days on farms are 3 or 6 passenger Northstar variants. Essentially they replace the John Deere gators that had hvac.
Speaking of HVAC in a SXS.
Rode with a Canned Ham 1000 this weekend. Beautiful rig inside and out!
He had AC. He said although very nice, He could feel the power of the motor drop by at least 25-30% and at times depending on the load even more. Said felt like the belt was gonna burn up. Found himself rolling the window down and dealing with the dust than loosing the power.
Takes alot to run AC. People forget that.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Your not wrong on the trail riding aspect, but for spraying, plowing snow, fixing fences ect, a Jeep wouldn’t be as versatile.
I'll admit I don't have a lot of first hand experience with said issues on a big farm land scale but, wouldn't something like your Ranger Danger work just fine for that. I would think a small 4X4 beater would be great for work around the farm 🤷‍♂️??

A/C is nice yes, but you'd have to leave the unit running non stop all day while hoping in/out to fix fence, etc. otherwise by the time it cooled again you'll probably have to step again....

Heat, well.........as @Jerryg would say, enjoy the swamp ass I guess 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Again, 2 cents from a measley peasant P1K owner...

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Unfortunately you have to admit, the accessories and fit & finish of the cabs in the Can Ams & Polaris's are way ahead of Honda, and that's the schit that sells. I would bet a fair percentage never have problems with them because they don't get the serious use (abuse) we dish out to our machines so it's a moot point.

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Unfortunately you have to admit, the accessories and fit & finish of the cabs in the Can Ams & Polaris's are way ahead of Honda, and that's the schit that sells. I would bet a fair percentage never have problems with them because they don't get the serious use (abuse) we dish out to our machines so it's a moot point.
Troof, bells and whistles makes the sale for most. And yes they are nice, very nice.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

I did see a few Polaris Expeditions in the Black Hills a few weeks ago. Almost all of the Rangers I see in eastern SD these days on farms are 3 or 6 passenger Northstar variants. Essentially they replace the John Deere gators that had hvac.
Not a Northstar but my dads Ranger is a 22 bought in 21 has been a great farm buggy, it’s got nice doors from sxs stuff and and a roll up rear panel. I give it the beans when I drive it. 0 issues. I much prefer it to the Kubota RVT it replaced which had a factory cab. No really noticeable heat issues. Fit & finish are pretty good.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well got her home and unloaded and had a chance to drive it a little. Really liking this machine for my needs. A couple things I will have to do right away to make this right for our needs.
1 Replace door bushings
2. Add a front winch
3 move my LT tires and rims
4. White paint marker the shift indicator marking
5. Replace Honda non flip windsheild with a SATV flip up
6. Add a few rear and side facing cube lights for more work lighting.
7 replacing small battery with a full size battery
8 Add a exterior plug for my battery maintainer to plug into.
9. Dome lights
10. Replace headlights with OEM LED's

I'm sure there will be a few more things!🤔
20240724 085558
20240724 092813

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I'll admit I don't have a lot of first hand experience with said issues on a big farm land scale but, wouldn't something like your Ranger Danger work just fine for that. I would think a small 4X4 beater would be great for work around the farm 🤷‍♂️??

A/C is nice yes, but you'd have to leave the unit running non stop all day while hoping in/out to fix fence, etc. otherwise by the time it cooled again you'll probably have to step again....

Heat, well.........as @Jerryg would say, enjoy the swamp ass I guess 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Again, 2 cents from a measley peasant P1K owner...
You make valid points. I’m not fully disputing that point.

Unfortunately beater 4x4s the size of the old Ford Rangers aren’t so available anymore in my area as they’ve rotted out, are severely worn out, or are nearly the same price as a 570 Polaris Ranger etc.

I’m just making the point on the finished costs.

🤷‍♂️