Who's buying the Pioneer 1000-6 CREW?

Holdemuphondaman

Holdemuphondaman

Dec 7, 2022
Bowling Green KY
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well guys this dang thing is stuck in 2wd! I can’t get it into turf mode for the life of me. I did get it to go into 4wd one time but I’d really like the turf mode to work! If it ever does find turf mode will this 2wd locked mode change on the dash?

CD07A915 C258 4528 8BDC 2B52570CA086

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well guys this dang thing is stuck in 2wd! I can’t get it into turf mode for the life of me. I did get it to go into 4wd one time but I’d really like the turf mode to work! If it ever does find turf mode will this 2wd locked mode change on the dash?

View attachment 367756
Try backing up and turn hard left or right with it in Turf mode. If it comes out you need to adjust shift cables.

Holdemuphondaman

Holdemuphondaman

Dec 7, 2022
Bowling Green KY
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Try backing up and turn hard left or right with it in Turf mode. If it comes out you need to adjust shift cables.
Ok I just went back out and played with it and got it to go into diff lock and 4wd and 2wd locked! So I was wrong! I’m new please forgive me but it’s like it was actually stuck in turf mode according to the dash but I was still spinning both rear tires in the snow left and is back in turf mode now and still spinning both rear tires on the snow! Has got me confused. Should both rear tires spin if it’s really slick? I was actually hoping to see just 1 wheel peel out

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I just went back out and played with it and got it to go into diff lock and 4wd and 2wd locked! So I was wrong! I’m new please forgive me but it’s like it was actually stuck in turf mode according to the dash but I was still spinning both rear tires in the snow left and is back in turf mode now and still spinning both rear tires on the snow! Has got me confused. Should both rear tires spin if it’s really slick? I was actually hoping to see just 1 wheel peel out
You should be able to turn sharply without the inside rear tire dragging, leaving the turf,gravel,dirt,lawn chewed up.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It acts more like a limited slip differential. It will spin both tires but when you turn it should not tear up the ground like a locked differential would

H

HondaTech

View attachment 367756

The display is showing turf mode in this picture. The rear diff will have looked connected in 2wd lock.

Edit: There should be a "X" where the rear diff is showing locked

The way I can tell if the machine is physically in 2wd lock or turf is to turn as tight as possible on a hard packed surface and listen for tire scrub in lock.

The 2022 P1K and 6 seaters no longer have the select box under the passenger floorboard. I'll have to get into the service manual to see how to adjust these.

Last edited:
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wellllllll, No call from my dealer on a P1K6 so I decided to go look at one in person here in Florida, Turns out the wheelbase is cringe for me. With the upgrades Id want to do would put the thing at 128" of Wheelbase and the KRX4 is 126" WB. So I guess long live the P1K5 for me lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wellllllll, No call from my dealer on a P1K6 so I decided to go look at one in person here in Florida, Turns out the wheelbase is cringe for me. With the upgrades Id want to do would put the thing at 128" of Wheelbase and the KRX4 is 126" WB. So I guess long live the P1K5 for me lol.
Well the P1-6 is a family cruiser.

Reactions: TxDoc and Dezrik
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 367756
You may need to adjust the rear locker cable located on top of the rear diff.

D

Dirt-roadfab

Aug 25, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked one up as well, wanted one since the first time I saw it. Sure glad it drives smaller than it is.
Told my wife that the purchase was for R&D and to confirm fitment of our current products but she saw right through that 😁 Love it so far, but it desperately needs bigger tires.
Plan to build bumpers, tire carrier/bed rack. Luckily our harness bars already work front and rear.

20230327 123554

Last edited:
S

Smith102420

Mar 29, 2021
Morrison IL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000 6 Crew
I started in on some enhancement. Dual battery, isolator, stinger relay, HF winch, KFI winch mount, dual volt meter. I opted to not do a fuse block like so many. I knew I was going to use relays for lights and other electrical add-ons, so I just bought relays that have fuses in them. I bent a piece of kydex and made somewhat of a firewall to screw relays and inline fuses to. You can see it on the passenger side beyond the dual battery location...a few holes in the bottom and ready for more relays. I wired the red bus bar to the stinger relay, stinger relay is triggered by the ignition factory pre-wire on the drivers side. Stinger relay on passenger side along with a negative bus bar. Positive bus bar on my make-shift firewall. Winch wiring all on the drivers side. I'm trying to decide on lights. I like the idea of a couple 6" round KC style lights in the center, top of the bumper. I'd use riv-nuts to attach. I've had light bars up high on the a-pillars; they become tree hooks at my ranch, just trying to think of an alternative to the light bar. I could put a 10-12" light bar above the winch, bolted to the bottom of that center bumper area...open to ideas. Oh, also added shackle brackets and shackles.

View attachment 363339View attachment 363340View attachment 363341
Can you link those shackle brackets? love the look of that by the way!

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I picked one up as well, wanted one since the first time I saw it. Sure glad it drives smaller than it is.
Told my wife that the purchase was for R&D and to confirm fitment of our current products but she saw right through that 😁 Love it so far, but it desperately needs bigger tires.
Plan to build bumpers, tire carrier/bed rack. Luckily our harness bars already work front and rear.

View attachment 381571
Bet mines scratched more then yours 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Compared to past Rangers, the Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Premium has a better padded seat. The Premium edition of the Ranger 1000 matches it for comfort. They share the same modern and contemporary styling, but the body parts are not identical, though. The XP 1000 has more areas for body color.15 Apr 2023
But at the end of the day they are still just a Polaris…

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!