TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know what our stator output and capacities might be?

And, how charging larger batteries may affect stator life or reliability?
Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I created a video with a detailed explanation of why the 2nd battery and tips on how to wire it up in another thread here on the forum.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda Pioneers. are great machines. We all can agree on that. Hondas were designed to maybe add a couple factory accessories- thats it. I have limited expierence with a 1k-5 ss mine is new still waiting on build completion. However I am around them owned by others and I presently have a Rincon as well. My Rincon has lights the usual stuff. Lots of leople I know with various Honda priducts share a general opinion that 1 battery is designed to run the stock electrical items period
Lots of the club guys have a second battey in various locations even on single paaenger rigs The folks at Honda are not exactly add on accessory friendly with their designs. Howerer they do give you a battery ready location for an auxilary assiming u are speaking about a 1k. That should tell you something. The DCT setup is definitely dependent on adequate voltage. Going out into the backwoods in a sxs equipped with with electrical add ons with one battery us like going to a sketchy ATM machine at 3:00AM witi no pistol
Not a good idea. Dont do it. Spending hours or even the night broke down in west BFE aint no fun. Ask me how I know. Buy the second battery with the true isolator

Reactions: mj1angier and TxDoc
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s more to protect the main electrical system than any thing else.

My second batt system is setup for key on only. My source of tunes is a Bluetooth bottle speaker and my phone.

my isolator protects the main battery from overdrawing and causing the funny electrical gremlins that pop up when the voltage drops.
Thanks for sharing the BT Speaker Option; I have a JBL Charge 3 and want to strap it ti the ROPS above the from seat. Have you found a secure way to mount?

Reactions: TxDoc
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I created a video with a detailed explanation of why the 2nd battery and tips on how to wire it up in another thread here on the forum.
Rob, I cant tell ou how much I appreciate your engineering perspective and willingness to mentor relating to this install. I still have many several questions pertaining mainly to the rocker switches ( mine are OTRATTW with double LED's). DO you mind if I send emai' vis this website??

Reactions: RobSparre and TxDoc
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rob, I cant tell ou how much I appreciate your engineering perspective and willingness to mentor relating to this install. I still have many several questions pertaining mainly to the rocker switches ( mine are OTRATTW with double LED's). DO you mind if I send emai' vis this website??
Have you located the dashboard and gauge circuit. I've heard the power to the ELD's in the Switches need to be on that circuit

Reactions: TxDoc
B

bonaq4

The Only kink in the Honda pioneer armor is that the DCT transmission requires a constant level of power. If you plan on adding accessories required power to your pioneer would stronger recommend adding second battery. An example of why. if you were to get stuck in mud and winching yourself out you could cause transmission damage from power drain. it is an easy process and a protective one.

Reactions: RobSparre and TxDoc
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be happy to assist in any way I can. Feel free to send direct message via this site. I am not an expert mind you - just someone who tries to figure things out and live to tell about it - lol

advertisement
RobSparre

RobSparre

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2020
West Chester, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you located the dashboard and gauge circuit. I've heard the power to the ELD's in the Switches need to be on that circuit
I'm not sure why there would be any requirement for the switch LED's to be on a specific "dashboard and gauge" circuit. Getting the switch LEDs to light via the accessory circuit would seem perfectly reasonable to me. They are very low current draw. Maybe I am missing something...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!