Wildlife photography

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
There's already a "Shots from the trail" thread, and I'd like to contribute to that in the future. But for now, I haven't been on a trail (yet), nor do I have a SXS to get me there (yet). In 12-18 months, when I (hopefully) have a P520, I'll be able to use it to get to "somewhat" remote locations to enhance my bird photography reach. But for now, I'd like to post some of my work to see if this interests anyone here.

DSC09654a DSC00476a DSC02193a

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
BTW, I'll be glad to do requests too. If it's a midwest bird (no penguins or puffins), I've probably photographed it. Although I search for raptors--eagles, hawks, owls, etc., I'll shoot sparrows and hummingbirds too. But here's a few owls I've photographed.

DSC08887a AA2I1776a AA2I6545a DSC07923a DSC06318a

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Nice pictures. I love the eagles. We have them fly over our house quite often. With the convergence of the Elkhorn and Platte river just over the hill from us, we get a lot of wildlife.

Rob

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Grandpa had two "Blubirds" tattoed across his chest when he returned from Korea.........Now...most of the men in our family have a bluebird somewhere. You have any shots of those?

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What's the deal with the eagle that looks like it's sitting on water? Great pics by theway. I especially like the owl pics.
What's the deal with the eagle that looks like it's sitting on water? Great pics by theway. I especially like the owl pics.
Thank you. The ice had partially thawed that morning, so there was about a 1/2 inch of water on top of the ice. When the eagle landed on it, he slid a little bit. Reminded me of Tom Cruise sliding in socks in Risky Business.

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Grandpa had two "Blubirds" tattoed across his chest when he returned from Korea.........Now...most of the men in our family have a bluebird somewhere. You have any shots of those?
I couldn't pick one, so here's a bunch of them from my website. Sorry, I only have Eastern Bluebird. Mountain Bluebirds are prettier, but I've never seen one.

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and likes. Those were all from my "archives". I'll post a few from today's outing in a little bit--takes a while to edit. Here's just one from today to keep you folks interested.

DSC01556a

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Fall migration of Snow Geese is beginning. That means more Bald Eagles will arrive soon! Here's 2 snows and 5 blues coming in to land in the late afternoon.

DSC02285a

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!