Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK, did that. Looked around in the NTC thread -- just a bunch of folks goofing around and having fun. I must be too old because I don't get it. Are you suggesting I post some of my birdie pics on that thread? Maybe a contest of who took the coolest photo or something? Explain please, and use small words cuz I'm sometimes a little dense.
It's actually a good group of people. A lot of us actually know each other and get together 2 or 3 times a year . Probably the most close knit bunch on the forum. Except for HFAWHA

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Probably the most close knit bunch on the forum.
Id have to beg to differ with that! Although you guys are close no doubt about that. I Hate to say, Us original HFA guys have that beat just not as vocal on here as we use to, but our get togethers a year far surpass 2-3 times lol.
All Hail HFA Master and founder @Plumber32

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Id have to beg to differ with that! Although you guys are close no doubt about that. I Hate to say, Us original HFA guys have that beat just not as vocal on here as we use to, but our get togethers a year far surpass 2-3 times lol.
Correct I fixed it

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Continuing on with the raptor theme, I came across a pair of recently released (rehabilitated) juvenile Eastern Red-tailed Hawks last Summer. Because they had been handled by humans during their rehab, they were clearly unafraid of humans. Over the course of several days, I was able to capture phenomenal pics of these otherwise very skittish birds. BTW, let me know if you guys are getting sick of raptors. I can definitely post other birds, like songbirds, waterfowl, woodpeckers, whatever.

DSC03585a DSC03445a DSC03255a DSC03984a

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Rough-legged Hawk. They're buteos, which puts them in the same "family" as Red-tailed Hawks. They migrate south into the CONUS in late Fall and stay throughout the Winter. I haven't seen any yet this year, but definitely look forward to it. Like Red-tails, they also come in a variety of color morphs.

DSC04304a AA2I4184a

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great pics, BTW!

How about a "Peckerwood". I've never seen one, but when I was a cop in Oakland back in the 70's, our customers would refer to them fairly often. Must be indigenous to this country, as they'd most often precede that with, "You's a" - which I assume meant USA.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was drunk when I came up with HFAWHA. But I've had a drink or 2 it seems when I've came up with every life altering decision lol. But yeah who would of thought it would of stuck like it did. But I've met the best people through it, and we now have friends all over this beautiful country to ride or hang with.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Great pics, BTW!

How about a "Peckerwood". I've never seen one, but when I was a cop in Oakland back in the 70's, our customers would refer to them fairly often. Must be indigenous to this country, as they'd most often precede that with, "You's a" - which I assume meant USA.
20210531 162026

Here is a picture of a Peckerwood.
@Smitty335

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!