Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was drunk when I came up with HFAWHA. But I've had a drink or 2 it seems when I've came up with every life altering decision lol. But yeah who would of thought it would of stuck like it did. But I've met the best people through it, and we now have friends all over this beautiful country to ride or hang with.
Dam right! cheers buddy!

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A couple more Pileated WP pics (as promised)

DSC01787a DSC01606a DSC01582a

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I guess it takes a really good camera to capture those flying shots. That bottom picture is cool.
The camera is only as good as the person behind it. Good quality gear can help, to a point. But if you don't know what you're doing, the best gear in the world won't help.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks like you missed your chance.

Despite the bureaucratic decision to list it as extinct, that doesn't make it so. I still hold out that there may be a handful of them hiding in the remote backwoods of Louisiana and the Florida everglades. Unsubstantiated sightings there over the last decade or so help keep many birders like myself hopeful. Still doesn't mean I'll ever see one though. Pileated are the largest woodpeckers in North America (assuming Ivory-billed are extinct). They are very rare in my neck of the woods, but there's an enclave of them just a couple of miles from where I live. I've been extremely lucky to have them visit my backyard a couple of times over the years.

AA2I1623a

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Despite the bureaucratic decision to list it as extinct, that doesn't make it so. I still hold out that there may be a handful of them hiding in the remote backwoods of Louisiana and the Florida everglades. Unsubstantiated sightings there over the last decade or so help keep many birders like myself hopeful. Still doesn't mean I'll ever see one though. Pileated are the largest woodpeckers in North America (assuming Ivory-billed are extinct). They are very rare in my neck of the woods, but there's an enclave of them just a couple of miles from where I live. I've been extremely lucky to have them visit my backyard a couple of times over the years.

View attachment 303420
We get them alot at my cabin in Northern Michigan. There really cool and loud when they peck!

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We also have another rare bird the Kirkland Warbler. They only mate like one time in certain types of trees. if the tree is too big they wont mate in it or make a home in that area. So the state land surrounding my cabin is a very popular place for them And the DNR performs alot of select cutting to keep the trees at a particular size. Werid how that works. At night when the windows are open you can hear there mating call all night long. Its cool but can be annoying as well over time lol

S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Horned Lark. These Sparrow-sized birds are harbingers of winter, just like Dark-eyed Juncos. I've never been able to get close to one until yesterday. I was able to capture hundreds of shots of him, but unfortunately, he never once raised his horns.

DSC06119a

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!