rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Most cases it is up to the dealer and they do not involve Honda but if they do warranty could be voided. I would stay away from lift kits and 30" + tall tires if you don't want any problems.
Any alterations of the vehicle. .....gives them the right to
VOID....the warranty
that's a fact

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
Any alterations of the vehicle. .....gives them the right to
VOID....the warranty
that's a fact

That isn't accurate. They have to be able to show a link. Big tires and a broken axle? That's a link for sure. Led running lights and a stereo causing a transmission issue? No link at all, unless it was electrical and there was things tied in. All of this is really common sense. That is why all my accessories will only be on my additional battery. I would snorkel my ride without any worry at all,but wouldn't expect warranty if I dusted my motor. (Or had water ingress)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I should add that the warranties offered thru my dealer in Chattanooga are the OEM warranty and their own warranty. So, I got the warranty thru Southern Power Sports.
Did you pay 800 for it Joey? That's what I paid.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That isn't accurate. They have to be able to show a link. Big tires and a broken axle? That's a link for sure. Led running lights and a stereo causing a transmission issue? No link at all, unless it was electrical and there was things tied in. All of this is really common sense. That is why all my accessories will only be on my additional battery. I would snorkel my ride without any worry at all,but wouldn't expect warranty if I dusted my motor. (Or had water ingress)
You believe wat ya want....

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Each dealer is different from my experience and what warranty you actually get. Some will still cover i.e. broken axle with bigger tires. It's really up to the dealer

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
Up2 you are correct in your statement I am checking on getting the extended warranty through my dealer and they told me they repair (warranty) anything on the machine that breaks down that's not caused by an accessory or modification. The warranty also states this "If a non-authorized part or accessory caused or contributed to the breakdown or damage" it's not covered.

H

HondaTech

I'd have anything your dealership told you in writing and notarized. Anything Honda says is in the warranty book you should have been given when you purchased the unit. Anything anyone at that dealership says is null and void if it's not on a piece of paper imo. We tried offering dealer warranty once before but it was such a mess sorting out what Honda should pay or what we should cover that we quit offering it. 9/10 if you've got a good service manager and a good dsm they'll work something out and pay for any issues.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I should add that the warranties offered thru my dealer in Chattanooga are the OEM warranty and their own warranty. So, I got the warranty thru Southern Power Sports.

Presently right in middle of this. Dealer days I have a 5 full year warranty. Didn't say of thru Hinda or not but after reading this thread maybe it's not. And he's throwing in 28" bighorns as part of the deal prior to delivery so my interest is peaked now!

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
Z

ZZ15

Apr 18, 2016
Michigan
Read the genuine HONDA warranty very carefully as they hide conditions in the fine print. I had one years ago and it required all maintenance to be performed at a Honda dealer using only Honda parts including oil and filters. More or less the warranty I had said it had to be 100% stock. The dealers will tell you anything to sell the warranty as the make a boatload on them. I never needed to use the warranty so it was money down the drain.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!