Will tuner help with 33s?

W

Wafsbaker

Feb 16, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a p1000 deluxe model yesterday. It came with 33s and 20” wheels. I’ve heard a lot about me needing a reduction? What’s the best way to go about this? I don’t want to have to do the reduction and be out of a new bike for weeks. I don’t really want portals on it due to weight and getting down tight trails on hunting leases. Will a tuner compromise this and not burn up clutches? Do find some thick mud sometimes and I don’t want to ruin a brand new bike. Thanks!

517A70F5 205A 4864 9A99 B6B6E3CC753E

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan and nice rig!
All depends on what your riding if you want to make it worth to have a tune and the changes that come with it?
same comes with a reduction. Portals would be the way to go if i wanted that but there is also long term issues with those and there pricy. Measure those tires and make sure there a true 33. Im running a true 30” and have no issues in mud, swamp and sand. Id take it out on the type of trail your gonna ride first and see what you think before going head first i to all that anyway! Work smarter not harder.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!