Winch control

A

Alg

Aug 10, 2014
How do you control the winch (in and out) on the Honda Pioneer 500, or any side by side? Is it a remote, or a rocker switch mounted on the dash? I am particularly thinking of plowing snow. With the way you engage reverse, holding the remote in your hand would be a real pain. Shifting with the paddle, pulling the reverse lever under the dash, and holding the remote in your hand all at the same time? How do people do it in other side by sides?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
there are different choices like you said hand held remote -rocker switch-or wireless remote it is up to the operator which to use the machine does not come with it

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I could see how this could become a issue for the serious plow'er when you don't want to stop and wait. Thinking outside the box... But what about a foot mounted control of some type. You should also add a off/on toggle switch for the foot switch so it only works when u need it.
Or.. mount a pushbutton right above the reverse pull. Think you can pull the reverse and push the switch at the same time with your thumb.

They also make a auto shutoff so when the cable gets to (x) point it cuts off.
Just my ideas.
As winter is coming fast... I'm sure there will be a clever idea before too long.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!