P1000 Winch/Light/Design/Rocker Panel Switch Install

tigerj

tigerj

Nov 27, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all!
Can anyone point me to the member on here who makes the prefab rocker panel switch plates?

sending 1000-5 in for the two recalls and while there would like them to install my winch and two cube lights that swivel on back bars. (Is there such a thing?)

ideally I would like these to NOT turn on automatically when backing up, only when necessary

1. can anyone point me to the member who makes the panel cover?

2. any recs for back lights? (Basically I’d like something that throws a good bit of light for backing up and searching for deer if necessary as well as loading them

3. should I get a second battery for winch (I think yes) and can you all recommend which?

4. THANK YOU. I have had some neurological issues that haulted progress on this last year and due to them cannot remember basic things.

explanations are helpful. I used to be DIY but due to health need all (your) help I can get re advice.

I think if I remember winch is kfi 4000?

5. how would you all set up your switches with this design? Thank you more than you know!

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. Many nice people and helpful, too.

Everyone needs help in some fashion and folks here will help you.

James Parasopoulos at the OTW SWITCH GUYS
[email protected]
408-252-1544

They sell switches that are waterproof and vibration resistant by design. They have switch holders for your dash. You can custom order your design...ie, text lights with key on and symbol for light use lights with switch activation, or vice versa.
James is nice and quick to ship.

Personal choice... I got the Warn VRX 45S with a wireless remote so I can winch and steer with one hand. Still recovering my fine motor movements in left hand from a stroke.

I've got a 16 inch LED light bar wired to my reverse camera to see behind at night. Two cube lights that swivel would suffice. I've had good luck with Auxbeam since 2003. They have a valve to prevent moisture from fogging up the lense . Fairly inexpensive on eBay/Amazon.

Many others will join in with other ideas that may be better for your needs.

Stay tuned

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would get the work light kit from the HondaSxS Store. The lights are quality and the harness makes it plug and play. Get the 3way switch upgrade then you can use them to backup of just for work. 😎

tigerj

tigerj

Nov 27, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum. Many nice people and helpful, too.

Everyone needs help in some fashion and folks here will help you.

James Parasopoulos at the OTW SWITCH GUYS
[email protected]
408-252-1544

They sell switches that are waterproof and vibration resistant by design. They have switch holders for your dash. You can custom order your design...ie, text lights with key on and symbol for light use lights with switch activation, or vice versa.
James is nice and quick to ship.

Personal choice... I got the Warn VRX 45S with a wireless remote so I can winch and steer with one hand. Still recovering my fine motor movements in left hand from a stroke.

I've got a 16 inch LED light bar wired to my reverse camera to see behind at night. Two cube lights that swivel would suffice. I've had good luck with Auxbeam since 2003. They have a valve to prevent moisture from fogging up the lense . Fairly inexpensive on eBay/Amazon.

Many others will join in with other ideas that may be better for your needs.

Stay tuned

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thank you, I too am recovering from some neuro difficulties. One of the biggest reasons for purchasing the 1000-5 was that I could drive again. Glad to hear you are making it work!

I am sending it in for the two recalls so I may have to just go with Honda for ease but these look great.

I have never heard of vibration and switches being mentioned together. Is this something to look out for?

Did you do the dual battery setup & voltage meter? I absolutely would have chosen your winch should it not have been gifted to me!

Reactions: Mudwing and TxDoc
tigerj

tigerj

Nov 27, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would get the work light kit from the HondaSxS Store. The lights are quality and the harness makes it plug and play. Get the 3way switch upgrade then you can use them to backup of just for work. 😎
I know so little. I saw a light on there yesterday but flood was out.

what does the switch upgrade do exactly in laymen’s terms?

do they come with a swivel mount? Thanks!

Reactions: TxDoc
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know so little. I saw a light on there yesterday but flood was out.

what does the switch upgrade do exactly in laymen’s terms?

do they come with a swivel mount? Thanks!
The switch upgrade allows you to turn them on when you want. This answers your #2 question. They don’t swivel but are very bright. 😎 Here’s a picture of mine with them on. 😉
A29D9FB2 9D49 4D20 9A13 62D74C55F91D

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!