Winch motor stopped working?????

bbnelson

bbnelson

Dec 20, 2013
Jumped on my Pioneer this morning to do some plowing and the winch motor just stopped....checked all fuses and they're fine. Cable switch from glove compartment is properly seated in plug-in....any ideas....My P-4 is just a month old...brand new???

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
if you use a test light does it get power to the winch ,just connect your test light to the same places the cables connect too. one is ground one is live either way when you activate the switch. If you get power to the test light then you know that its the winch motor if you don't get power then you have to check the wiring fuses etc:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you confirmed power is getting to the contactor and leaving the contactor when the in out switch is operated.... If it's getting to the contactor but not leaving have you tried triggering the contactor by jumping out the in out switch connections?

If it's leaving the contactor and getting to the winch it's in the winch somewhere. Maybe a brush is corroded or out of alignment?

bbnelson

bbnelson

Dec 20, 2013
Fixed.....power wasn't getting to contactor.....the connection clip wasn't making contact....thanks guys for the advise.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!