P1000 Winch mount question

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As usual, I am trying to decide something so I will just ask. What is everyone doing with the excess wiring from the winch to the contactor/solenoid ? I have the SuperWinch Terra 45 as many here do and I assume most other winches also come with substantially extra length wires. Are most cutting them and re-terminating them or routing them around to keep the factory ring terminators? Small question I know but it will help me decide. Thanks

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I cut them and added the copper
crimp on terminals from the auto
parts stores. I drill a 1/8" hole in the
side and after I squeeze them on, I
heat them up with a small torch and
feed in a generous amount of resin
core solder.

360x2  57755141281446412801280

John

As usual, I am trying to decide something so I will just ask. What is everyone doing with the excess wiring from the winch to the contactor/solenoid ? I have the SuperWinch Terra 45 as many here do and I assume most other winches also come with substantially extra length wires. Are most cutting them and re-terminating them or routing them around to keep the factory ring terminators? Small question I know but it will help me decide. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!