pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there any aftermarket winch mounts out yet the honda one is way over priced for me
we have had several of the superatv winches and had goog luck with them can't beat the price
but they dont have a mount listed on their web page

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
K F I

Reactions: pct
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks for the info
No problem I have the kfi mount on my pioneer 1000-5 with the kfi stealth winch but the mount will work with other winches.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
No problem I have the kfi mount on my pioneer 1000-5 with the kfi stealth winch but the mount will work with other winches.
i noticed 2 different pioneer 1000 koi winch mounts available from koi witch one? for the superwinch4500 thanks

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
KFI Products 101285 Winch Mount For Honda Pioneer 1000 Amazon

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i noticed 2 different pioneer 1000 koi winch mounts available from koi witch one? for the superwinch4500 thanks
Yeah I look at Amazon lots and make sure it's not the one for the 700 the one for the 1000 is there

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Yeah I look at Amazon lots and make sure it's not the one for the 700 the one for the 1000 is there
ok thanks on the 700 one in amoszon in the questions section they said it would fit the 700 person was prob mistaken. thanks

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today I am trying to mount my SuperWinch on a KFI winch mount. It seems to me that the mounting bracket is too wide at the area where the bumper mounts to the bracket and frame. Between the mounting bracket and frame there is a 3/8 to 1/2 inch space on each side? Also, when I place the winch and bracket on the mounting plate it does not sit down flat if I align all bolt holes...this can't be right. Anyone else's KFI fit this way?

advertisement
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Photo's would help us understand
the issue.

John

Today I am trying to mount my SuperWinch on a KFI winch mount. It seems to me that the mounting bracket is too wide at the area where the bumper mounts to the bracket and frame. Between the mounting bracket and frame there is a 3/8 to 1/2 inch space on each side? Also, when I place the winch and bracket on the mounting plate it does not sit down flat if I align all bolt holes...this can't be right. Anyone else's KFI fit this way?

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Flanges from the bumper go between the flanges on
the KFI mount and the P1K frame. There is extra
space there, so I pulled it in with the bolts.

But still, pics would help us clarify your question.

John

frame

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for responding all. I was a little quick asking the question and if I had just kept working on it I would have concluded that the extra space IS apparently to allow for the flanges to fit between the frame and mount. With a little effort I managed to get it all bolted up just like it's suppose to go. After installing it though, I don't see why KFI didn't simply design the mount to sit higher, closer to the center of the hawse.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
probably as simple as a tooling issue change!! they prob already had a set up that would work but not perfect so they did that instead thats how they keep prices cheap! keep in mind it aint warn and also aint warn prices either lol

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
There are always compromises with any design,
but it can be more so when adding new parts
to existing design, on top of mfg limitations.

I spaced my winch up 1/2" and re-drilled the
hawse holes in the bumper to lower it 1/2".

John

Thanks for responding all. I was a little quick asking the question and if I had just kept working on it I would have concluded that the extra space IS apparently to allow for the flanges to fit between the frame and mount. With a little effort I managed to get it all bolted up just like it's suppose to go. After installing it though, I don't see why KFI didn't simply design the mount to sit higher, closer to the center of the hawse.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are always compromises with any design,
but it can be more so when adding new parts
to existing design, on top of mfg limitations.

I spaced my winch up 1/2" and re-drilled the
hawse holes in the bumper to lower it 1/2".

John

John,
I had read that you did that. It was my intention to use spacers also but I really couldn't find anything immediately available to use and I really wanted to get my winch mounted over the weekend. Now that I have it in, I use it a bit and observe how the angle effects things and keeping an eye out for other mounting options.

Reactions: dale5740
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I went full scarlet nape on that.

I used some 1/2" hex nuts!:p

John

John,
I had read that you did that. It was my intention to use spacers also but I really couldn't find anything immediately available to use and I really wanted to get my winch mounted over the weekend. Now that I have it in, I use it a bit and observe how the angle effects things and keeping an eye out for other mounting options.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
when u shim it up like that isn't it giving leverage for the mount to bend or bolts etc?

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
Yes. The higher mount with the longer
bolts will give it a little more moment
to flex. The bolts that came with it
seem to be low grade. When I can
find some metric 5's, I will replace them.

I raised it because I was concerned about
the entry angle to the hawse. I will watch
it, if I ever use it to see if it flexes to much.
If so,I lower it back to the base.

John

when u shim it up like that isn't it giving leverage for the mount to bend or bolts etc?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!