P1000 Winch/Plow help

howardjg

howardjg

Feb 18, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for advice on replacing winch strap for plowing with my 1000-5. I believe my machine has the OE Warn winch, the previous owner had been using the KFI plow strap. I plan on replacing with the same thing. Does the bumper have to be removed to replace the winch rope? Or is there a shortcut, didn't really see any YouTube videos about replacing winch rope on for a Honda Pioneer, just full winch installs.

Once again thank you to this forum for pointing me in the right direction, My pioneer has been a great machine so far and makes plowing so much easier with the 72inch plow and power angle system.
Hondaplow

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should not have to remove bumper to replace the KFI strap. Just remove old one, check out how it is attached to the winch drum and install new one same way. I have the KFI 6’ plow with the KFI strap and it works great. Check the fairlead rollers for any burrs or knicks and remove them with file/sandpaper.

1AEDC2BB 38A3 4204 A30B 993A3B735218

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you haven't tried this, it works really well for keeping the snow from building up or sticking. I use it on my Kubota front mount snowblower as well. A little goes a long way and if allowed to dry before use, lasts a good while. Works better than Pam, WD-40, regular silicone spray, etc. :

Gempler's Snow Plow Coating

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!