P500 Winch Wiring Diagrams, WTF!

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
I'm wrapping up the Terra 4500 install, I actually tested it already and it is working. I don't know if this is common knowledge but I followed the wiring diagram that came with the KFI P500 mounting plate and did a little unintentional welding. When I double checked against the Superwinch manual, surprise surprise. Needless to say the Superwinch manual diagram is what made the winch work without the arcing.

I put this in "General Discussion" because this is a popular combination and I don't recall seeing any one comment on this hazard. The top diagram was correct for my installation.

WiringDia zpsoim9qd7x

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!