P1000m5 Winch Wiring

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Just in case anyone else is confused like I was. You tap into the white wire with the black stripe on the second battery side of the fuse box. I haven’t fixed it yet so I hope it works. So now what do I do with the wire that has 3 cuts in the insulation?

8f5e0348a3d2069843f609a7afc14359
46fba084434f3a61fcda1161990a2234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sauksxs and BWAF
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
And I think the one that I did use is for the starter because the colt meter only lit up while I was turning the engine over.

Reactions: BWAF
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Got it switched over and everything works. Now I’ve got to switch my winch cables. It’s running opposite. It must have been when I moved my terminals to fit.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just in case anyone else is confused like I was. You tap into the white wire with the black stripe on the second battery side of the fuse box. I haven’t fixed it yet so I hope it works. So now what do I do with the wire that has 3 cuts in the insulation?

View attachment 81052
View attachment 81053

Are you saying you put 3 cuts into the insulation of the wrong wire?
If so, hit up amazon or local parts store and acquire a bottle of liquid electrical tape. Paint it on the cuts to seal them from the weather.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I wrapped it with electrical tape. If it doesn’t stay then I’ll to that. Thanks.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
tape will still let in water
@K9Paco, You should reconsider the tape vs liquid tape. It will let water/dirt/contaminates into the wire. The liquid is $6-$8 or so. And chances are it will dry up and go bad long before you can use the entire bottle.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Got it. I’ll do that. Thanks.

J

Jaked2694

Nov 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So when they installed my kfi winch it looks like they tapped into the 12v cigarette outlet and spliced it into the green and black winch wiresbehind dash???? Does that make sense it all works perfect but what I’m trying to do is switch it to a rocker switch that will be hooked up to a secondary fuse box. Does that mean I can stop using the splice they made to the 12v outlet? And just use the power from fuse panel??? Please help I’m so confused

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!