Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a metric s*** ton of video to post.

But thought I would get this one up first.

Sure thought we were going over backwards ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a little more than you expected but at least you stayed in it!

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
20 years of seat time off road is what made me feather the throttle a bit and stay in it until I was sure the back wheels were at the top!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Working on some "quick" videos as teasers for stuff to come. All of these will be auto created by VIRB edit and may or may not show the "good stuff". With 256 GB of video to sift through and DSL uploads, this is a slow process.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Here is the first short one from Saturday

Reactions: sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Working on some "quick" videos as teasers for stuff to come. All of these will be auto created by VIRB edit and may or may not show the "good stuff". With 256 GB of video to sift through and DSL uploads, this is a slow process.

Trust me on this, you can't use all the video that you take. Go through it a couple of times, pick the best pieces and put them together. You will drive yourself nuts trying to use everything you have.:cool:

Reactions: sharp and elkaholic
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Trust me on this, you can't use all the video that you take. Go through it a couple of times, pick the best pieces and put them together. You will drive yourself nuts trying to use everything you have.:cool:

I know. But between 20+ hours of video, limited computer memory, and slow uploads, it'll be a while.

I had a pretty good piece edited down from Friday focusing on the wildlife I caught on video that I lost because of Hard disk limitations ....

But here's a summary of Saturday that's a little longer.

Heavy editing comes next

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know. But between 20+ hours of video, limited computer memory, and slow uploads, it'll be a while.

I had a pretty good piece edited down from Friday focusing on the wildlife I caught on video that I lost because of Hard disk limitations ....

But here's a summary of Saturday that's a little longer.

Heavy editing comes next

Ok, suit yourself...lol

Reactions: elkaholic and sharp
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ok, suit yourself...lol

Probably won't be any more videos for a while. Looks like I have to add another hard drive to my PC as VIRB Edit will not use my 6 TB NAS drive. And my DSL upload time is almost an hour for the 40 second version.

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Probably won't be any more videos for a while. Looks like I have to add another hard drive to my PC as VIRB Edit will not use my 6 TB NAS drive. And my DSL upload time is almost an hour for the 40 second version.

Yeah, DSL sucks.. if I use my house DSL a 7 minute video may take 8-10hrs. Sooooo when I upload to YouTube I use my phone as a hotspot and it takes about 12 minutes to upload the same length video.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

NAS is too slow of a connection for what it's doing.

You can edit on machine and move to NAS after....

Reactions: drfubar
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Network Attached Storage. I keep all photos and critical data on that and back that up to one of 3 different external hard drives that live in fireproof boxes.

In my case, the network in my house is gigabit, but my connection to the outside world is two cans and a string.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a metric s*** ton of video to post.

But thought I would get this one up first.

Sure thought we were going over backwards ....

Whoa, 50 degrees that was serious! Glad you didn't test the roll cage. Thanks for sharing.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It felt serious in real time. Slowing it down starting with the first hit was really sobering. It bounced us way right and if the climb had been longer, it might have ended ugly.

Harnesses will be ordered next week. You'll likely see me sporting a helmet as well. That was a relatively tame climb that started going bad at the end.

On another note, my two passengers may have a 700-4 by week end. They've never ridden like that and are hooked! It helped that the neighbors in the campground were cool too.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It felt serious in real time. Slowing it down starting with the first hit was really sobering. It bounced us way right and if the climb had been longer, it might have ended ugly.

Harnesses will be ordered next week. You'll likely see me sporting a helmet as well. That was a relatively tame climb that started going bad at the end.

On another note, my two passengers may have a 700-4 by week end. They've never ridden like that and are hooked! It helped that the neighbors in the campground were cool too.

It's easy to get hooked on this hobby.

Reactions: GlockMeister
J

JTW

Lol.. glad you had the camera rolling and the pitch indicators! I have no real desire for filming until something like this happens!

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Lol.. can you imagine video evidence of amber saying "I think you should have both hands on the wheel" and less than ten seconds later being on its side! Lmao
It would be a riot!! She would be showing it to everyone saying " I told him, but he didn't listen". Lol:D

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!