Multi Windrock to Eternal Flame

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Evening all, we’re planning a trip in the near future to Windrock and thought it would be fun to try and make a night ride to the Eternal Flame at Royal Blue. Is it possible? We didn’t make it to the flame at the pioneer takeover and thought we might try to get there from Windrock? Anybody ever done this? If so, any insight on what trails to take to get there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s very possible. Do you have a tablet from lifetime Trailmaps? It’s super easy to navigate with their product. There’s also multiple paths to take depending on the adventure and time you have.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes, very possible. It’s about 40 miles from the parking lot at Windrock to the Eternal Flame. I am leading a group of 70 series Land Cruisers on that route this Friday.

If you use Lifetime Trail Maps, I’ll be glad to send you a track file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks fellas, I will check into the tablet!

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Do you have to have the lifetime tablet to view the maps or can you view them on your phone?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Not sure, but even if you could, once you cross the main ridge line at Windrock (that runs NE / SW) cell coverage is zippo so you have to have maps stored on the phone so you’ll have to have some kind of app

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Not sure, but even if you could, once you cross the main ridge line at Windrock (that runs NE / SW) cell coverage is zippo so you have to have maps stored on the phone so you’ll have to have some kind of app

10-4, I’ve used Maplets before but Windrock isn’t available on it but Royal Blue is. As far north as we’ve been at Windrock is the flats at caryville. How much further is eternal flame from there?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Most direct route is about an hour to an hour and a half.

When are you going? The route file I have is round trip and comes back via the flats. It goes to the flame starting on the so-called 4 lane across 116 from the coal washer and train at Moore’s Camp

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Most direct route is about an hour to an hour and a half.

When are you going? The route file I have is round trip and comes back via the flats. It goes to the flame starting on the so-called 4 lane across 116 from the coal washer and train at Moore’s Camp

We’re looking at 10/12/18-10/14/18. Wives and kids so no extreme routes on purpose.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Already loaded up for this weekend but will send a route file next week.

The route i have planned is a cakewalk for Pioneers. There are a gazillion ways to get there

Reactions: JACKAL and BWAF
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have to have the lifetime tablet to view the maps or can you view them on your phone?

You can go to best buy and get a samsung tablet and send it to lifetime to program it. or if you already have one you can sent that one. he also sells them. you don't need any cell service to use these maps. they are worth the $ if you want piece of mind while on the trail not to get lost.

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
We’re looking at 10/12/18-10/14/18. Wives and kids so no extreme routes on purpose.

I'll b up there that sat and Sunday... Gotta campsite reserved for Friday too but rest of my crew won't b there until sat sometime so Fri was up in the air. Ive got one of those tablets if u wanna try and find the flame. Never been to the flame from windrock side but always looking for a reason to get lost lol

Reactions: BWAF
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sounds like I need to send you my track file as well

Reactions: Yankee and BWAF
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I'll b up there that sat and Sunday... Gotta campsite reserved for Friday too but rest of my crew won't b there until sat sometime so Fri was up in the air. Ive got one of those tablets if u wanna try and find the flame. Never been to the flame from windrock side but always looking for a reason to get lost lol

I might hit you up a few days before, we’re thinking about heading up to eternal Saturday night.

Reactions: Yankee and BWAF
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
You can go to best buy and get a samsung tablet and send it to lifetime to program it. or if you already have one you can sent that one. he also sells them. you don't need any cell service to use these maps. they are worth the $ if you want piece of mind while on the trail not to get lost.

I’ve got an old iPad, bet it has to be android doesn’t it?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got an old iPad, bet it has to be android doesn’t it?

The Samsung Galaxy tablet is the one he recommends because the GPS chip is stronger, I hear. A iPad won't work with his program. I'm actually on my tablet with the maps on it right now typing this. lol

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
The Samsung Galaxy tablet is the one he recommends because the GPS chip is stronger, I hear. A iPad won't work with his program. I'm actually on my tablet with the maps on it right now typing this. lol
When u say u r typing this what do u mean.? I there a location search function. Sorry man I'm not tech savy

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well thanks for that invite. I see how ya are now! Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!