P1000 Windshield cover

D

donbaily

Sep 17, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got one of these windshield covers from UTV801. Nice heavyweight fabric, no billowing when your towing. Gonna help a lot with the rock chips and sandblasting when towing
9A36B664 A455 4E7B 96A4 04A9550D301A

B

BobSmithing

Dec 20, 2020
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got one of these windshield covers from UTV801. Nice heavyweight fabric, no billowing when your towing. Gonna help a lot with the rock chips and sandblasting when towing
Thanks for sharing! I had not thought of this and it is a great idea!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully it won’t do this but typically anything covering plastic like that will absolutely scratch the plastic windscreen into a haze in short order. Once the fine debris gets between the cover and the windscreen the cover will act like sandpaper.

On the other hand if you don’t use it it’s bug gut city.

About the only real sure fire option is an enclosed trailer.

Reactions: Lady01
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully it won’t do this but typically anything covering plastic like that will absolutely scratch the plastic windscreen into a haze in short order. Once the fine debris gets between the cover and the windscreen the cover will act like sandpaper.

On the other hand if you don’t use it it’s bug gut city.

About the only real sure fire option is an enclosed trailer.
This is made by UTV801 specifically for their glass windshield.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

D

donbaily

Sep 17, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Honda 2 piece with the hard coat. I was wondering about it rubbing and scratching the dirt into it so I got in with the cover on and went down the road 60 mph with it on. Didn’t move at all. Doesn’t mean it won’t but looks promising. I do know trailering it 500 miles will rock chip and sandblast it. Time will tell.

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda 2 piece with the hard coat. I was wondering about it rubbing and scratching the dirt into it so I got in with the cover on and went down the road 60 mph with it on. Didn’t move at all. Doesn’t mean it won’t but looks promising. I do know trailering it 500 miles will rock chip and sandblast it. Time will tell.
So you leave your windshield on when trailering? I have the same windshield, Honda 2 piece. I always remove my windshield when trailering. I drive on I-75 north in Michigan and if you aren't doing 80mph, you get ran off the road. I'm worried about leaving the windshield on when trailering at high speed.

advertisement
D

donbaily

Sep 17, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Never take mine off. I don’t drive 80 continuously but no problem at a steady 75.

Reactions: TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!