Windshield Defogger

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Anyone got ideas for a windshield defogger?

I dont have and enclosed cab. I was hoping there would be a kit similar to the rear window defoggers with horizontal lines that would be almost invisible. Cant find any - we do some pretty amazing $#1t with technology so I figured why not.

Maybe I'll have to try a small electric heater with a fan pointing down from the roof.

Anyone have luck with anything yet?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
How is it fogging if you don't have a cab??
The windshield does fog when it gets cold. I guess it's from the heat on the inside. Not sure of a remedy though...

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I parked in woods today and went for a walk. When I came back after sunset the windshield was fogged inside and had a mist on the outside. It happened last winter too especially in colder weather. I kept a cloth on the seat to wipe it down.
Visibility driving home would have been much better if I could heat the window.

We have A LOT of humidity here in the winter.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I parked in woods today and went for a walk. When I came back after sunset the windshield was fogged inside and had a mist on the outside. It happened last winter too especially in colder weather. I kept a cloth on the seat to wipe it down.

Yep I've experienced the same. I wonder if spraying something on the windshield might help? I've used a spray on my Oakley sunglasses before for running. It helps keep them from fogging. I wonder if there is something similar available for these windshields?

Reactions: ghost
J

JTW

How about a little cigarette plug fan blowing on it? I don't see you doing any good with heat unless you have a closed cab.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yep I've experienced the same. I wonder if spraying something on the windshield might help? I've used a spray on my Oakley sunglasses before for running. It helps keep them from fogging. I wonder if there is something similar available for these windshields?
Yes - there are similar anti-fog products sold for automotive.
I have not had great success with them but might be worth a try. Never tried it on the pioneer. Might be more of a bandaid than a fix

J

JTW

I guess you all are just going to have to start saving your spit... works on a scuba mask!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes - there are similar anti-fog products sold for automotive.
I have not had great success with them but might be worth a try. Never tried it on the pioneer. Might be more of a bandaid than a fix
I hear ya. I'll probably give it a try this winter.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I guess you all are just going to have to start saving your spit... works on a scuba mask!
LOL - im gonna need a longer snorkel if im gonna drive under water

Reactions: JTW
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I found this defogger for about $20 and installed it a about 2 months ago.
It finally came in handy yesterday and I was surprised how well it worked considering it does not put out a lot of air. Its not a miracle cure but cleared the driver's side of windshield while parked after a couple minutes. Not completely - but enough to keep driving. It even helped keeping the windshield clear while driving.
IMG 3424

D

Deleted member 3748

Back in 1990 or 1991 I had a '77 CJ7. I bought a stick-on rear window defroster for that. It was just like the ones you get from the factory but about 25% of the quality. For the rear side windows, I kept a glove on the end of my ski pole and I could wipe the steam off... just enough to make a semi-safe lane change.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!