P1000 Windshield for P1K3

S

Sbarnes1956

Feb 3, 2019
Wewoka
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am looking to purchase a windshield for my P1K3. I've done some research from different manufactures and the one with the best reviews is the SuperATV Flip Windshield. The only real complaints are missing parts in shipping. Service seems to be good and they take care of any issues. The Honda windshield seems to have some fit problems but can be taken care of with some manipulation. Others seem to scratch easy and the manufacturer doesn't necessarily stand behind their product. I'm looking for recommendations on a good two piece windshield that I can use in all climates? If you have had any experience with the SuperATV and Honda I'd like to know your thoughts.

Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the super ATV and really like it alot Little tricky to get set right but works really well once inplace. i stiffened the lower portion with a piece of angle iron from frame to frame attached to locking lever base helped alot.

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
i stiffened the lower portion with a piece of angle iron from frame to frame attached to locking lever base helped alot.
That’s interesting, would you mind posting a pic or two of that? Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am looking to purchase a windshield for my P1K3. I've done some research from different manufactures and the one with the best reviews is the SuperATV Flip Windshield. The only real complaints are missing parts in shipping. Service seems to be good and they take care of any issues. The Honda windshield seems to have some fit problems but can be taken care of with some manipulation. Others seem to scratch easy and the manufacturer doesn't necessarily stand behind their product. I'm looking for recommendations on a good two piece windshield that I can use in all climates? If you have had any experience with the SuperATV and Honda I'd like to know your thoughts.
I have a Honda hard coat 2 piece split windshield. I like it, it’s sourced me well. I installed 2 manual wipers on it and there really nice to have. With its clamps, it’s real easy to remove the top half when it’s real warm outside. I’m trying to make this thing Street leagal and have to get a glass windshield. So I’m willing to sell it if your interested?

Reactions: sharp
C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Super ATV flip, it’s pretty good but not perfect. I also have a CEC enclosure and a Honda hardtop. Last week we had a good snow and the opening around the top of the windshield let a lot of snow enter the parked Pioneer. It’s also a little flimsy when in a shut and locked position. However, yesterday after I rode three miles out on the ice, severe fog rolled in. Being able to open the windshield was paramount in being able to see the ice road back to shore, that and electronics.....you get the idea. Foggy, rainy, cloudy window, no problem, just flip the window up for good visibility.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!