Windshield Installation- Please Read!

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
To all,

Went to install my two piece hardcoat today and found out about a error in manufacturing and/or set up. If you purchase one of these kits, the lower windscreen mounts to the bracket that your window net clamps onto. My 2 was delivered with this bracket installed on the INSIDE of the cage/frame. THIS IS A WRONG INSTALL! You will need to disassemble to bracket and move the bracket to the OUTSIDE of the frame. I contacted my dealership and they informed me that two other Pioneers were delivered that way. This lower windshield will buckle due to excessive pressure to try and force it into place.

Once I installed the brackets on the outside of the frame, everything went in quite well- other than a plastic slide came cracked from the factory.

Good Luck!

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Glad I could help!

K

Ky pioneer

Oct 12, 2013
Same here had to take brakets off to get windshield installed

J

j1dreggors

Feb 27, 2014
Thanks for the heads up mine has been bowed. I just went out and corrected.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!