Windshield Measurement

ChrisM

ChrisM

Feb 19, 2020
West Central Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
Went for a little ride just a few minutes ago. Temperatures around 80.

Still have my front windshield on along with my hard rear panel with sliding window and had it open.

Man it got HOT in the cab. There was absolutely no air coming in my cab. I figured the rear window would cause a flow in the doors and out the rear glass but NOOOOOO!!!!!

Came back to the house and pulled the windshield. Went for another ride through the woods. Ahhhhhh, fresh air, BUTTTTT, there's always another but. The damn bugs and mud was flying all over me. I hate mud in the cab.

Soooooooooo, how does the lower wind screen do? Good deflection of the air? Blows air upwards? How about mud and bugs? Knock them down or still right in the face?

Also thinking about actually building one, I have some extra Honda windshield A pillar mounts to make it easy on off for summer time use. Then back to my full for winter weather. Betting here in the south I won't need a heater. Had plenty circulating around in the cab.

Those of you that have just the lower one could you post some photos and give me the height measurement of it.

I'm hoping that I can build one and still mount my shooting bar just across and over the top of it without it being too high.

This was my set up until this afternoon, full windshield is nice in the cooler months but not right now and it's only going to get hotter in the south.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
ED3416B7 96D9 4A5B B6BA 0AB3EEE4F1A0
F51F738D CB74 4C2B 834E 6C2B30E97A4A
I have the Honda wind deflector and I love it. It does what it is supposed to do. Mud and bugs may still fly in depending on speed. 😉

ChrisM

ChrisM

Feb 19, 2020
West Central Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 200570View attachment 200571I have the Honda wind deflector and I love it. It does what it is supposed to do. Mud and bugs may still fly in depending on speed.
Thank you. That's exactly the measurement I needed.

I'm gonna buy a sheet of plexiglass and lay my factory windshield on it to get the shape of the hood from it, cut it out, get some automotive weather strip to seal the bottom and use 2 extra factory roll bar mounts to install it with.

Then I'm putting a piece of 2" conduit across the top with a pool noodle over it for a shooting rest to shoot hogs off of.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you. That's exactly the measurement I needed.

I'm gonna buy a sheet of plexiglass and lay my factory windshield on it to get the shape of the hood from it, cut it out, get some automotive weather strip to seal the bottom and use 2 extra factory roll bar mounts to install it with.

Then I'm putting a piece of 2" conduit across the top with a pool noodle over it for a shooting rest to shoot hogs off of.

No problem. Let me know if you need any other measurements. 😉

Reactions: ChrisM

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!