William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I have talked myself into a full windshield, but need one that flips up or down. I will have a factory hard top. What’s the best option? I found the superatv and do like it. But don’t really want to take it off when trailering. What y’all think?

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do you think you have to take it off for trailering? If I remeber there instructions say to full close it.

If you actually like at Honda accessory page it says you should take the roof off during open trailering too.

My really like my SATV flip up windshield. I actually just finished installing the WFO adjuster to it. Cliff makes a beautifully machined part.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I definitely agree with @Russ989 Super ATV flip up mine works Great , if You ride in warm climates it will be up most of the time, I have brushed mine thru many trees and brush and no scratches to speak of,,,, Good Luck,,,,

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think I have talked myself into a full windshield, but need one that flips up or down. I will have a factory hard top. What’s the best option? I found the superatv and do like it. But don’t really want to take it off when trailering. What y’all think?

I have the full windshield from alumilite armor with a wiper and it is.....the cats meow.

The concern with anything plastic is if they have a hard coating and how easily they might scratch. A lot of guys really like their super atv windshields.

I have a friend that owns a glass shop so I can replace mine easily. I figured I'd have it broke by now but it's still going strong.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess they have to say that though... Well I guess y’all made up my mind! LoL...
B0103290 9B5F 44E3 9D3E 5C42F4992930

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess they have to say that though... Well I guess y’all made up my mind! LoL...
View attachment 182952
You may already know this but do not use Windex type cleaners on these plastic windshields, I found the best thing to use is called Plexus it helps prevent scratches also,

Reactions: TripleB and William
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a windshield question, but I have no clue how to start a new post. I have noticed that several of our members have attached their "hondasxs handle" to the lower driver side windshield. I was planning to do the same. This way it will be easy to identify members on the trail. Is this something that is encouraged or not?

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and William
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
I have a windshield question, but I have no clue how to start a new post. I have noticed that several of our members have attached their "hondasxs handle" to the lower driver side windshield. I was planning to do the same. This way it will be easy to identify members on the trail. Is this something that is encouraged or not?

Depends on your riding style , I have one on my hood , back roof and on my skid plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put mine on the lower part of my two piece windshield. If it's hot I remove the upper. My first group ride was the takeover last year and I was overwhelmed by the amount of pioneers at rrb. There were some that had their screen name on the buggy and I thought it was cool to meet and put faces to some who had helped me on the forum that I otherwise would not have known. When I got home from the takeover I ordered my decals from a forum member and installed them to hopefully help others put a face to my screen name. I'm planning to also put one on the rear of the machine somewhere when I decide on a good place.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put mine on the lower part of my two piece windshield. If it's hot I remove the upper. My first group ride was the takeover last year and I was overwhelmed by the amount of pioneers at rrb. There were some that had their screen name on the buggy and I thought it was cool to meet and put faces to some who had helped me on the forum that I otherwise would not have known. When I got home from the takeover I ordered my decals from a forum member and installed them to hopefully help others put a face to my screen name. I'm planning to also put one on the rear of the machine somewhere when I decide on a good place.
That is what I was thinking, you just put it into words. We can then put a machine and a face with the name. I can't wait for the TO this year.

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and TripleB
D

dschellhase48

Jan 12, 2020
Livingston, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I talked with SuperATV. They said you could leave it on but speed needs to be not over 60 mph

Reactions: William
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I talked with SuperATV. They said you could leave it on but speed needs to be not over 60 mph
Can confirm it is fine over 60 mph... I've had mine over 60 with the windshield flipped open riding around. It's fine at highway speeds on the trailer, just close it.

Reactions: SuperATV
K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda 2 piece on a Pioneer 1000-5. The attachments are quick clamps that make taking the top half off and installing back on an easy fast task. A full windshield with the hardtop (Which I also have) will choke you out on a dusty road/trail. The airflow off the top sucks in the dust from behind you at any speed. I take my top half of the windshield off in the summer. That allows the air to flow through the machine and blow most of the dust out.

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the hardcoat super atv windshield and it works great. No issues with it scratching. Just read the instructions on proper cleaning of it, which basically say no windex or harsh cleaners. I spray mine with water to wash off most of the dirt and sand. Then just grab a wet dish rag out of the kitchen sink with dish detergent and lightly wipe it. Then rinse with water. Let it drain for a couple minutes and then lightly dry with cloth. Its about as easy as it gets.

It trailers fine with it closed too. I'm not sure why people speculate that this windshield won't work for them. You'll find hundreds of positive online posts on the super atv windshield and imo, you won't find one better that flips open. Don't get the honda flip open windshield. It only opens a couple of inches and is way too hot in summer. I did the research and I couldn't find one better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!