Winter ride

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi guys, just wanted to share my first winter riding experience from this past weekend with our new Pioneer-4. We got approx 8 inches up here in PA this weekend, on top a few existing inches. We have the full roof and full glass windshield.

First of all, the thing was pretty much unstoppable. Most of the places we went, we were the first to go there. We even went up a steep hill loaded with 4 of us. My wife was driving and I was in the back seat. We started up the hill, and I am thinking, there is no way we are going to get up it. But she kept on the gas and we slowly made it up.

Some things to note. We got pretty snowy inside the cab. The snow would blow in from the sides. The windshield got pretty hard to see out of. We brought along a snow brush and scraper, but I think our breath caused mosture to freeze on the inside of the glass. There was snow in pretty much every space underneath the unit.

I think I may be getting the rear fabric panel for Christmas. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it and how it affects the wind within the cab?

I didn't have a camera with me, but would have loved to take some pictures of it climbing that hill.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
I have the rear panel. It will reduce the dirt and snow coming from behind by a good bit however it will not eliminate it. Dale

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!