P500 Wiring diagram feed back

RichUSAF

RichUSAF

Oct 9, 2018
New York State
Ownership

1. 500
Here is a crude drawing that I need feed back on. I have a factory winch rocker but I want it to match the LED rockers I just bought. Problem is its a 7 pin and the others are 5. So my theory is wire like the pic and I should have the LED inside the switch powered when machine is running. Any advice is appreciated.
Wire

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have a link to the switches you are trying to install?
The 5 pin?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your diagram looks like it should work.
Each switch should have it's own power supply though. It will help reduce the risk of fuses blowing.
The winch will normally have power protection built in.
The front/rear lights should have a fused power in to protect the circuit.
These chinese switches are rated at 20a, but I would only run 10a thru each. Anything more and look into using the switch to fire off a relay.
If you were using actual Carling Tech switches, that these are modeled after, I wouldn't have an issue running the full 20a they are rated for. I had some MicTuning switches in my machine. I had to take them all down into components and solder all the connections internally.

RichUSAF

RichUSAF

Oct 9, 2018
New York State
Ownership

1. 500
Hmm, ok So run a power lead from the honda accessory harness to each switch and skip the daisy chain with the power?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have links to the lights you are installing?
I believe you will start blowing fuses if you are try to have both lights on while using the winch. The accessory circuit is only rated for 15a I think.

Reactions: Bastardchild
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Capture21

You might have to spend a few minutes with jumpers to confirm this,
Tie all your grounds together 7/8 with all switches.
Pole 2 is your battery in. but the switch off your purchased harness. one side goes onto pole 2, other goes onto pole 3.

piggy back from your accessory harness onto pole 6 for remaining lights. This should allow lighting up of the switches when ignition is turned on.
Wiring it as above will allow the switches to be used no matter the key position.

If you want to wire it so they only work with keys on, you will have to tap into the purchased light harness to make it work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!