P1000 wiring harness question

G

gkozak

Mar 15, 2019
Ottawa Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I have a wiring harness bought for 5 point rocker switch. These are pretty common on ebay and seem to be the same. I am seeking clarification on the wiring diagram for this, it seems to show 2 separate connections to power (battery) why? Seems should be only one connection red and ground to battery. Anyone able to explain why the second power connector to I assume the battery? To make a loop ? I attached 3 pics all representing the same wiring instruction...any help understanding this appreciated !

Screenshot 20190318 200004 eBay Screenshot 20190318 195827 eBay Screenshot 20190318 195710 eBay

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
You have to have power to the relay and also power to the switch that triggers the relay.
You could change to a negative switched relay.
The switch does not have to be hooked directly to the battery but needs low draw 12v + source such as Key-On positive.
The relay should be close to the battery or off a + bus.

We have a solution for Key-On power in the club store. But I see your in Canada. I'd have to check shipping.
KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer 1000, 700, and 500.

Reactions: sharp and gkozak
Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi, I have a wiring harness bought for 5 point rocker switch. These are pretty common on ebay and seem to be the same. I am seeking clarification on the wiring diagram for this, it seems to show 2 separate connections to power (battery) why? Seems should be only one connection red and ground to battery. Anyone able to explain why the second power connector to I assume the battery? To make a loop ? I attached 3 pics all representing the same wiring instruction...any help understanding this appreciated !

View attachment 115980 View attachment 115981 View attachment 115982
One wire is power to the relay the second red wire is to power the lights thru the relay. Because the switch is not rated for that much current. Think of it as 2 different circuits. 1 red wire from battery to switch makes relay coil to turn on lights. The 2 red wire goes to relay thru relay to lights. Without relay the wires and switch would burn up if left on very long

Reactions: sharp and gkozak
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 115980 View attachment 115981 View attachment 115982

You only need power to 2 pins if you want the switch light to be on with your accessory. Based on the diagram, you need power to the lower right for the accessory and power to the middle left for the switch light

G

gkozak

Mar 15, 2019
Ottawa Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi,
You have to have power to the relay and also power to the switch that triggers the relay.
You could change to a negative switched relay.
The switch does not have to be hooked directly to the battery but needs low draw 12v + source such as Key-On positive.
The relay should be close to the battery or off a + bus.

We have a solution for Key-On power in the club store. But I see your in Canada. I'd have to check shipping.
KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer 1000, 700, and 500.

Hi, I am interested in buying one but before can you tell me about it, it says plug and play, what do the two end plugs plug into ? or is there an installation instruction that shows ? shipping would be if possible by USPS snail mail to keep cost down to Ottawa, Ontario K0E1T0 (will provide res address later), can pay by Visa or Paypal. Please let me know, thanks

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I am interested in buying one but before can you tell me about it, it says plug and play, what do the two end plugs plug into ? or is there an installation instruction that shows ? shipping would be if possible by USPS snail mail to keep cost down to Ottawa, Ontario K0E1T0 (will provide res address later), can pay by Visa or Paypal. Please let me know, thanks
I believe that harness is installed on the 12v power port.
You simply disconnect the power port, and install this harness between the power port and the Honda factory wiring. Very very simple.

Reactions: Shooter63 and sharp
G

gkozak

Mar 15, 2019
Ottawa Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe that harness is installed on the 12v power port.
You simply disconnect the power port, and install this harness between the power port and the Honda factory wiring. Very very simple.
Hi, what do you men 12v power port, do you mean the battery connection itself. What I am seeing here is connection to the battery for power to relay and then separate power connection to rocker switches off a key on source like ACC, so will likely need to get a positap for ACC wire, and some kind of circuit panel to send power to 3 rocker switches I have to get power to. Interested in the posted plug and play idea that was mentioned in other post

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, what do you men 12v power port, do you mean the battery connection itself. What I am seeing here is connection to the battery for power to relay and then separate power connection to rocker switches off a key on source like ACC, so will likely need to get a positap for ACC wire, and some kind of circuit panel to send power to 3 rocker switches I have to get power to. Interested in the posted plug and play idea that was mentioned in other post
Power port aka cigarette lighter.
I was explaining where the plug n play adapter would be used.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This kit will be used as your Key-On source from the ACC for the switches. Its so people dont have to positap on their new machine.

You would be surprised the people who mess up a inline splice and cut the wires. Lol.

Yrs, the relay will still need primary power from the battery or other high amp source.

Let me work on shipping quote here in a few.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

G

gkozak

Mar 15, 2019
Ottawa Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This kit will be used as your Key-On source from the ACC for the switches. Its so people dont have to positap on their new machine.

You would be surprised the people who mess up a inline splice and cut the wires. Lol.

Yrs, the relay will still need primary power from the battery or other high amp source.

Let me work on shipping quote here in a few.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OK thanks, will order one with you, I checked your site link and created an account but as there is not option for out of USA, when you have something we can do direct by paypal, thanks

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I don't list Canada because its so darn expensive now days.
If you live in a decent town $10.50 would be the best option.
If you don't, I recommend priority as I have had many first-class packages go missing.

Send PayPal to http://Paypal.me/hondasxs
for $24.95 + shipping
Thanks.

Upload 2019 3 19 10 47 10

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!