P1000 Wiring harness

S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know what the differences are on the wiring harness for example mine is a 3200-hl4-foo2-a but I see there a whole bunch more just curious if there all the same or if there different.

IMG 4046

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Different models had different features, and instead of making the same harness for everything and just not using the plugs, Honda made different harnesses.

For instance:
Power Steering
I-4wd
Lighted dash switches
Factory installed winch
Also.
Base model
Deluex model
Trail model
And forest model.
All different in small ways.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone know what the differences are on the wiring harness for example mine is a 3200-hl4-foo2-a but I see there a whole bunch more just curious if there all the same or if there different.

View attachment 435757

Cant ask about a Wiring harness without explanation? Thats not something that we just “replace” for the $hits and giggles ya know🥳

S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my sxs from a rental company and it was throwing an injector code so I replaced the pig tail and it diddnt fix it so I started chasing the wires to the main harness and there’s all kinds of cuts an splices all over the place there’s also a few connectors that have only one wire connected to them and it looks like spaghetti so I gave up and just going to buy a new one😅

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
S

SoWeRide

Jun 5, 2024
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my sxs from a rental company and it was throwing an injector code so I replaced the pig tail and it diddnt fix it so I started chasing the wires to the main harness and there’s all kinds of cuts an splices all over the place there’s also a few connectors that have only one wire connected to them and it looks like spaghetti so I gave up and just going to buy a new one😅
They did anything and everything to keep it on the trail this is the steering shaft for example.

IMG 3930

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you know the year and model - simply look up on any of the oem parts sites - your specific harness will be listed - if you need help - message me. Ron Ayer’s generally has the lowest cost OEM part prices.

I’m about ready to seriously do this as a business - my buddies company goes to the local Honda shop to order OEM parts for their sxs fleet to try and support locals and 50% + of the time they order too many or the wrong part, and it takes weeks when the part is in stock. I’ve been fixing all brands for my friends over the years and the only time I got the wrong part was when I screwed it up and that’s been just a handful.

For the steering knuckle - looks like when our troops weld 3500PSI hydraulic lines - bubble gum on top of bubble gum - get er done- lol.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I see u hit reply to your own post in #7 dont forget to do that to others u reply to so they know you did or it gets lost in the shuffle😉

Looks like they ……that rig up.
Hope you a mule with one testicle for it?