P500 Wiring help needed

Racas

Racas

Jan 10, 2017
Finleyville, Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Hello. I'm new to the site. Was wondering if anyone would have a 2015 p5 wiring diagram. Particularly interested in the gear position switch

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hello. I'm new to the site. Was wondering if anyone would have a 2015 p5 wiring diagram. Particularly interested in the gear position switch

Yup if you hit my pix link in my signature below that'll take you to a Dropbox with a PDF of P5 wiring schematic. Scroll to bottom of first page and it's there.

jrc

Racas

Racas

Jan 10, 2017
Finleyville, Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Yup if you hit my pix link in my signature below that'll take you to a Dropbox with a PDF of P5 wiring schematic. Scroll to bottom of first page and it's there.

jrc

Great, I got it. Thank you ever so much. I'm wiring reverse lights and needed the wire color for reverse in the 8 pin plug.

Reactions: Eltobgi
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Great, I got it. Thank you ever so much. I'm wiring reverse lights and needed the wire color for reverse in the 8 pin plug.

Welcome to the forum and glad I could help. Are you also establishing a manual switch too? On mine I considered what I think you are doing I.e., actuate reverse and back up light(s) come on? As I use my back up light for more than backing up I wired mine manual through fuse block to auxilliary battery. In this way if it gets left on it will run the aux battery down only and not effect the starter battery. Ideally a 3 way switch would be cool, off, manual on and auto on when in reverse. However I didn't feel the need with an aux battery and LED VisionX rear light.

jrc

Reactions: JTW
Racas

Racas

Jan 10, 2017
Finleyville, Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum and glad I could help. Are you also establishing a manual switch too? On mine I considered what I think you are doing I.e., actuate reverse and back up light(s) come on? As I use my back up light for more than backing up I wired mine manual through fuse block to auxilliary battery. In this way if it gets left on it will run the aux battery down only and not effect the starter battery. Ideally a 3 way switch would be cool, off, manual on and auto on when in reverse. However I didn't feel the need with an aux battery and LED VisionX rear light.

jrc
I was going to go with a 3 way switch, but ended up feeding power from the light switch wire that goes to the tail light. They come on in reverse but only if the headlights are on.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Whuh?! I can wire up reverse lights on my P5? Where is this 8-pin plug and what color wire?!
Thanx
Al

Reactions: JTW
Racas

Racas

Jan 10, 2017
Finleyville, Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Whuh?! I can wire up reverse lights on my P5? Where is this 8-pin plug and what color wire?!
Thanx
Al
Al
Grab the instruction for the back up alarm, P/N 08V70-HL5-A00. It shows the location of the harness and what you need to do to get to it. Once you find it, reverse is the gray wire.

Reactions: trigger and AlR
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I was going to go with a 3 way switch, but ended up feeding power from the light switch wire that goes to the tail light. They come on in reverse but only if the headlights are on.

Oh ok gotcha and if you shut the key off the headlights go off? I've never checked, guess I will next time I fire it up.

Reactions: Rokrangr
Rokrangr

Rokrangr

Dec 3, 2014
Fleetwood, NC
Ownership

1. 500
I wired mine the same way. It works well for me. I like the fact that they can't be left on. They go off when the key is turned off.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Thanx
Al
Al
Grab the instruction for the back up alarm, P/N 08V70-HL5-A00. It shows the location of the harness and what you need to do to get to it. Once you find it, reverse is the gray wire.
Also. Note that the grey wire is a ground wire. So you can't used a tester to tell when it's "on".

But I have to ask... I've dreamed of doing exactly the same thing. Reverse when key on/tail light on.
I was unsuccessful in my attempt. I couldn't physically reach the plug to the gear selector.

How much stuff did you have to take off to get to it? Fenders? Rack? More?

Racas

Racas

Jan 10, 2017
Finleyville, Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Also. Note that the grey wire is a ground wire. So you can't used a tester to tell when it's "on".

But I have to ask... I've dreamed of doing exactly the same thing. Reverse when key on/tail light on.
I was unsuccessful in my attempt. I couldn't physically reach the plug to the gear selector.

How much stuff did you have to take off to get to it? Fenders? Rack? More?
I took off the rear rack/fenders as an assembly, removed the two bolts on the air cleaner housing and was able to move it over enough to get to the plug. I took the plug off the frame clip, then unplugged the two halves. The wires are long enough to flip the half plug to the outside of the frame making tapping into it pretty easy. Also, the light switch wire is the brown one going to the tail light. Hope this helps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!