P1000 Wiring list for future installs

Fdxjettech

Fdxjettech

Oct 21, 2021
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good Morning
Well, I have installed my dual battery system and its working or so it seems. Now I can begin to add accessories as the budget allows. I have decided to run a hot and ground buss under the hood.
What I could use help with is a list of things to have on hand so i can wire these things up as i purchase them without making multiple trips to the parts/hardware store every time. So could you guys give me your things you keep on hand for these type things. Ex wire rolls and gages. wiretapping devices, schematics, hardware. I would rather have my electronics shop fully stocked before starting my mods. links would be appreciated also. Thanks in advance

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Black tape, liquid tape, heat shrinks, terminals/ connectors. Wire strippers and pliers. Your always going to need something else. Or the one you have will be to big to small or just one inch to short.

B

Bennesh1

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Zip ties
Wire loom - get the woven kind from Amazon. Much better than the hard plastic stuff.
I’m just working on installing my second battery but I ordered crimpers to be able to shorten the 6 gauge battery terminals or put a different terminal on when its not the right size (like for the stinger connection.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Velcro (rolled/tape style as well as patches or blocks), extra fuses in all different amperages, an inexpensive heat gun for heat shrinking (I try to avoid using an open flame for that), multiple rolls of wire in all different gauges AND both single color wire vs multiple wire (e.g., red/black). While some say always used crimped connectors for auto/mobile connections due to vibration, I do solder plenty of things, which means you need a decent soldering iron (mine switches from 20W to 40W), extra tips, and rosin core solder. I also ONLY use copper wire (stranded or solid) and do not use CCA (copper clad aluminum, as the latter sucks if you DO have to solder it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!