Wiring off battery?

primeau

primeau

Dec 3, 2013
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a wire that comes off my battery and it is a female with only two contacts. It hang just outside my passenger seat. Does anyone else have something like this? The leads seem to be on the +/- of the battery. is it a charging cable?

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I will have to look. I was at my battery connecting a stereo and didn't notice anything.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5ygagazu

The coiled large black wires go to my winch, the large dark red wire is the main buss wire for my handmade wiring harness and goes to the relay and fuse block under the hood.

The only other wires are a ground (-) going to the frame by the motor and the (+)2 red wires going to the computer and starter relay.

Maybe your dealer added a charging port? I added one to the battery side of my winch contactor under the hood as that is the closest to my battery tender when it's parked.

primeau

primeau

Dec 3, 2013
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checked with a friend of mine and i'm not sure if it's only in cold climates like ours but it's for a trickle charger that honda sells. Instead of having to take the seat off, quick connect. Thanks

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Mine has the same thing.The Dealer installed this plus gave me the charger to go along with it as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!