P500 wiring question

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i installed a superwinch that has a solenoid.i recently purchased a Micro-Start jump start from antigravity batteries.bought it with a lead that can be attached to battery so i can just plug the jump starter in and not deal with the clamps.can this fused lead be attached to my winch solenoid instead which is mounted under my hood.thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It would be best to attach directly to battery terminals.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello,
This would not be considered the correct method. But yes, it will work to charge your battery in time of need.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
This would not be considered the correct method. But yes, it will work to charge your battery in time of need.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

If you have 4 or 6 gauge wire it shouldn't matter as long as the winch is connected direct to battery on + & -

Frame ground isn't as good for this purpose.

As @Hondasxs said it's not ideal but it will work considering it's large gauge wire.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
thanks for the quick replies.I'll hook it to the battery and just tuck the plug up and out of the way.thanks again

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!