Wiring the Honda

F

fpesce

Dec 22, 2020
Hawley PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey Guys, I hope everyone is doing great. I have a question:
I want to wire everything neatly on my Talon I purchased a relay/fuse block water proof. I only want the Block powered when the key on switch is activated. How do I or what do I use to activate the power to the fuse block , I am thinking a constant on relay /solenoid connected to the accessory wire that Honda has under the hood? Does anyone have any specific model numbers or diagrams they could share. I am installing a winch, Inferno heater, Light bars, rock lights and interior light, Dual Battery with Isolator. Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Reactions: TxDoc
Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unsure if you ever got what you’re looking for but search for following by TripleB:

2020 honda pioneer dual battery set up​

B

BobSmithing

Dec 20, 2020
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys, I hope everyone is doing great. I have a question:
I want to wire everything neatly on my Talon I purchased a relay/fuse block water proof. I only want the Block powered when the key on switch is activated. How do I or what do I use to activate the power to the fuse block , I am thinking a constant on relay /solenoid connected to the accessory wire that Honda has under the hood? Does anyone have any specific model numbers or diagrams they could share. I am installing a winch, Inferno heater, Light bars, rock lights and interior light, Dual Battery with Isolator. Your help is greatly appreciated!!
Try a stinger relay. Amazon carries them. This is used to turn the power on when the key is turned. Small terminals come from key power on wire and go to the ground point. The large terminals come from the auxiliary battery and go to the fuse block. This provides the power to the fuse block only when the key is on. Next consider an isolator https://store.hondasxs.com/collections/electrical/Isolator which keeps the main battery charged if the auxiliary battery is drawn down from use. I echo the dual battery set-up video. Good luck!

F

fpesce

Dec 22, 2020
Hawley PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Try a stinger relay. Amazon carries them. This is used to turn the power on when the key is turned. Small terminals come from key power on wire and go to the ground point. The large terminals come from the auxiliary battery and go to the fuse block. This provides the power to the fuse block only when the key is on. Next consider an isolator https://store.hondasxs.com/collections/electrical/Isolator which keeps the main battery charged if the auxiliary battery is drawn down from use. I echo the dual battery set-up video. Good luck!
Thank you very much for the information

Reactions: BobSmithing
F

fpesce

Dec 22, 2020
Hawley PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sorry for posting so many questions: I purchased a Super ATV 6000LB Black OPS winch with synthetic Rope. Mounting it to the KFI mount. Stock Honda Bumper. Mounted up ok no issues, KFI says mount the winch inverted. The winch line spools off of the top which is really the bottom because it is inverted. In this orientation everything lines up great no rubbing goes through the Hause Fairlead no problem.
I have read that winches need to spool in one direction due the way the braking system operates? Just two questions
why a Hause fairlead over a Roller fairlead what are the benefits if any and Is a winch directional in nature?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!